• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Kinunir frontier cruisers

I had a thought about the stats given for this class in the TNE universe, these could be for the more numerous "cheap" copies built in the Solomani Rim, probably using the one transferred to the Vegans as a pattern. Then the originals in the Spinward Marches can have the missing lasers put back and the BG reinstalled to give the vessels as they served there.

Originally posted by Savage:
I never bought the Kinunir war grave explanation. People were killed in ww2 on ships that were re-surfaced in pearl, refitted and sent back out. A War grave in space would be a navigation & security issue. If they just left it she would've been hit by pirates for booty, etc... Of course by the TNE timeline there would be plenty of hulks.
I never bought the war grave story because the Kinunir was lost after the 4th Frontier War and recovered in 1105, before the 5th Frontier War. So what war is it a grave for? Also, any warrant carried by the Kinunir would have been recovered (or at least removed from the ship) in 1105.

Hans

Originally posted by Jim Fetters:
Also considering it wasn't placed in its current state as a result of war.

I think it is mentioned as such in RSB to act as a potential adventure nugget - Shionthy is still a restricted system in 1202, which strongly suggests there is something there that they want to protect.

There is also the angle of the Kinunir fiasco foreshadowing the Collapse, so it can be taken at face value in that way, if you like.
If I recall, didn't the Shionthy belt have bits of antimatter in it? That alone would make two reasons why the system would be interdicted. The first is a navigational hazard. The second of course is if the Imperium is doing antimatter research or had access to AM poowered ships. You would secure your only easy refueling source...

In a campaign I was in we actually did get the Kinunir. Made a nice ship after we applied the new FGMP-15 programming algorythym to that pesky AI.....

Originally posted by Lenadh:
If I recall, didn't the Shionthy Belt have bits of antimatter in it? That alone would make two reasons why the system would be interdicted. The first is a navigational hazard. The second of course is if the Imperium is doing antimatter research or had access to AM poowered ships. You would secure your only easy refueling source...
Quite right. According to a library data entry in Beltstrike, Shionthy is interdicted because of the navigational hazard the anti-matter represents.

In a campaign I was in we actually did get the Kinunir. Made a nice ship after we applied the new FGMP-15 programming algorythym to that pesky AI.....
Did you explore the ramification of the extremely small number of Kinunirs in existence, all of which belonged to the Imperium?
file_23.gif

Hans

Actually we did. By the time that adventure was run, HG was out, and Imperial "Battle Cruisers" were in the 75Kdt range. The ref said that salvage laws applied.

Turning over the Imperial Warrant to good old Norris helped a lot too :D

Refitting her was a pain, and was the basis for many adventures. The worst of it was getting fuel to the Kinunir. The IN gave us a pass to be in system, but needless to say no Imperial Pilot wanted to fly a fuel shuttle through that antimatter minefield.

One severely damaged fuel shuttle and a wrecked Type S later, and we were refueled....

We took some more damage maneuvering out to a safe jump distance, so there were yet more repair based adventures ahead. All in all it was a great campaign. Still have the ship and character around somewhere.

Te-Yoldin Te Maghiz, The Bringer of Chaos.

Even the non-Daryens thought it was an appropriate name. :cool:

Originally posted by rancke:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lenadh:
If I recall, didn't the Shionthy Belt have bits of antimatter in it? That alone would make two reasons why the system would be interdicted. The first is a navigational hazard. The second of course is if the Imperium is doing antimatter research or had access to AM poowered ships. You would secure your only easy refueling source...
Quite right. According to a library data entry in Beltstrike, Shionthy is interdicted because of the navigational hazard the anti-matter represents.</font>[/QUOTE]Yep, that would be the official reason for the imperium to interdict that system. But if this interdiction also secures an anti-matter source, they're killing two birds with one stone.

Back