• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mottoes of the Various Services

Originally posted by Spud:
In 1966, I swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic...
I still deem myself beholden thereto, and so I vote, and write to the newspapers, and to my congressional representatives...
I feel this is a model oath for any representative government (strange British system with no written constitution not withstanding). But of course, somebody out there will want my heart's blood for saying this.
Said the same on the first enlistment in 78 and in every subsequent reenlistment there after.......and so did my wife who was a Korean national upon her taking US Citizenship. Not unlike England as Valarian said. I guess we yanks hark back to the mother land in a few ways..... A bit of needless trivia here, up till the revolution if an American born (then Englishmen) went on a trip back to England it was referred to as "Going Home"..... I know this needless information from doing Revolutionary War reenactments.....

To return to the topic (gods forbid!!):

Imperial Navy - Protection and Service (yes, cribbed from almost every police force, since the Navy IS the Imperial Police force)
Imperial Army - *Pending* (The Army is so low down on the Imperial 'Totem Pole' that they still haven't been issued their motto)
Imperial Marines - In Harm's Way
IISS - No Sh*t, There We Were...

Imperial Army - *Pending* (The Army is so low down on the Imperial 'Totem Pole' that they still haven't been issued their motto)

How about this? From my favorite unit.
Primus Aut Nullus--First Or Not At All!

Originally posted by Zutroi:
Would those be the guys always "shooting their watches" in the spaceport bar?
file_21.gif

Originally posted by Fritz88:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zutroi:
Would those be the guys always "shooting their watches" in the spaceport bar?
file_21.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]The vary ones! How ever did you know?.. :D
file_23.gif

SYSTEM DEFENSE FORCE: "We're there when you don't need us."
HOUSE OF LORDS(Corsair/Mercenary squadron): "No
Lords Except Ourselfs."
HOUSE NOIRE(Capt. Sir Bette Noire): "Live Dangerously!"

Naval Internal Security: "We know when you are sleeping, We know when you're awake, We know when you've been bad or good, so be good for Strephon's sake!" ;)

Originally posted by Aramis:
Naval Internal Security: "We know when you are sleeping, We know when you're awake, We know when you've been bad or good, so be good for Strephon's sake!" ;)
LOL! Wife's IBIS character would love it!

Back