• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New Fleet Design Tool for the iPad

agorski

SOC-13
Admin Award
I've just released Traveller Fleets for the iPad. I'll put an announcement in the News forum but I just submitted a bug fix version to deal with some glitches related to changing Dark Mode appearance. I was gonna name it "The Fleet" but that name was already taken. What are the odds with like a bazillion apps in the App Store?

Traveller has a rich history of famous naval units and naval starship classes. Now you can design your own naval units for use in your game setting.

Traveller Fleets lets you create and store a collection of naval units. Each unit may contain smaller units and/or individual ships. These sub-units may also contain units and/or individual ships. This hierarchy may be extended as needed.

Units may be edited to indicate type, size, name, and number based on conventions defined in various Traveller products. Ships also may be edited to indicate type, size, name, and hull number using conventions defined in various Traveller products. A text summary of a unit and its sub-units and ships may be exported.

Graphical icons inspired by Traveller conventions are automatically generated for each unit and ship and may be exported.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1551221011

What with the pandemic and all, I thought this would be a fun project compatible with any version of Traveller. I drew upon a bunch of sources for knowledge and inspiration:

• The Imperial Encyclopedia wiki for lots of useful info on Imperial naval organization
• FSotSI for ship icon symbols
• Traveller5 ship weapon and sensor icons for symbols you can optionally add to a ship icon
• I created my own symbols for fleet types (battle, strike, etc.) that you can optionally add to a unit icon
• I created my own symbols for unit sizes (XXX, III, etc.) that you can optionally add to a unit icon
• I created my own symbols for ship sizes that you can optionally add to a ship icon.

Check out the screen shots for what this all looks like. I'm open to suggestions for additional icons, but you'll have to send me a sketch.

Back