• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Yeti

speaking of hit men. See if you find the nonfiction Hit 22. It was written by gunman in prison about his 22nd hit. I can't give the author it was back in the 70s even before I began gaming and my father loaned to me.

Originally posted by far-trader:
Originally posted by jasper:
"um Brain the barrel rifling is what gives the bullet the fingerprint."
"Pretty sure that's his point jasper. Just get a new barrel and slag or toss the one you used for the crime."

Congrats Far-Trader you get the gold star. To be really certain replace the firing pin also unless you use caseless ammo.

A laser might not be untraceable. I have heard arguments that they will be more traceable. They might each have their own unique frequency & power. You might be able to get the information on the laser when investigating the scene/victim in much the same way they can now w/ conventional firearms. (I don't know if that will be the case, but it is worht considering if a player decides a laser is untraceable & you want to make his life miserable!)

Given the entropic effects, I don't see how you are going to trace the laser from a victim. Light gets convered into heat - in a a very random fashion. You'll know it was a laser weapon, and probably (based on the effects) the power range. The beam size perhaps, maybe even the probable wavelength. That's about it.

That like saying the victim was shot with a Smith and Wesson .38.

Only a few million of them in circulation.

Well, if you happen to shoot the laser at a device capable of measuring the beam parameters to a precision level that would lead to identification, and that device is not itself destroyed, then I guess you'd be outta luck. :rolleyes:

Back