• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller PC/NPC Paper Miniatures

Just found this. Thank you, scarecrow. Thank you,thank you,thank you! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! God Bless Marc Miller!

Originally posted by Scarecrow:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ran Targas:
Reminds me of the graphics used in the Star Trek TOS computer game.
After you mentioned it, I came over all nostalgic and dug that out the other day for another play and was surprised to see Liz Danforth in the credits!! I assume it's the same Traveller 2300 Liz Danforth. Maybe not.

</font>[/QUOTE]Should be. Liz has been illustrating for RPGs for decades. Dunno if she still is, though.

Dear Folks -

Originally posted by Aramis:
ask her...
Tut, tut ( ;) ), you forgot to include the links:

- Liz's own site, Oakheart

- Her email is webster_AT_oakheart.com.

- Pen & Paper's page on Liz

(anyone with more time than me want to email Bobby Hitt (bobby_AT_pen-paper.net) with her Trav credits???)
file_22.gif

Nope, I didn't "forget"; I respected her privacy. It's easy enough to find it, but putting people's emails up is asking for them to get spam-targeted.

We interrupt this program to bring you very special request from the Moot...

Hivers! Hivers! Hivers! Hivers! Hivers! Hivers!

I now run three hiver characters, and in my own game, there is about to be a major battle vs them. I want to do it up right, and for that I'm going to need the Crow Touch. Please... Help me!

We now return you to the normal thread...

Dear Folks -

Originally posted by Aramis:
Nope, I didn't "forget"; I respected her privacy. It's easy enough to find it, but putting people's emails up is asking for them to get spam-targeted.
Good point Mr Hostman, and since I was only being a smart-arse anyway, I've gone back and zapped the "at" signs.
file_22.gif

HIVERS!!!!!

I had fun with these. Notice the 3D heads on the civvies! Once I'd built the prototype, I curled the fingers on the face inwards aswell for that Hiver flower-face effect.

Enjoy

Crow

Originally posted by Scarecrow:
Click on the thumbnail for a set of Aslan armoured marine miniatures.

This is the start of an ongoing project to create a whole range of 28mm paper miniatures for Traveller, starting with Aslan. For no particular reason than that's where I started. I already have templates drawn up for K'kree, Hivers, Zhodani, Vargr, Droyne and Solomani/Vilani - including Imperial marines etc. I'm also open to suggestions and discussion if you want to post them in this thread.
I'll also add each new set to this thread as and when I produce them.

This first set includes a Commander, Heavy Weapons, two riflemen and a marine brandishing a Yurletya - A pike seen frequently in the illustrations in G:T Alien Races 2.
I've designed the armour based on as many different pictures of the Aslan as I could find, though primarily the picture in the 'GURPS:Traveller' main rulebook p22. I had to use artistic license in some places.
The rifles are taken from G:T Alien Races 2 and the Commander's sword is taken from one of the old lead miniatures. The heavy weapon is made up by myself but I've made it curvy so it is in keeping with the rifle and sword.

To use the miniatures, copy/paste until you have the desired amount of each figure, print them out at 300 dpi and cut around the square outline, fold and glue them. Presto!
You might also want to stick them to a coin or a plastic miniature base or something to give them some weight.
I have taken pains to make sure they mirror as closely as possible so it is actually possible to fold them over and cut around them quite close to the figure outline. My suggestion is to cut about a millimetre from the outline of the figure and then fill the white edge in with a black felt-tip marker. This will give the figures a rather attractive bold outline.

The set is designed to be printed at 300 dpi - which is a high quality print resolution - and they are 28mm scale or 1:64 (6ft = 28mm) (though not necessarily 28mm in height). I've done them at 28mm because "25mm" tends to range anywhere from 25mm up to 32mm so I figured 28mm was a happy medium to work with other miniatures.
I've left them black and white so that you may colour them any way you so choose. I'll add a tutorial to this thread on how to colour them in Photoshop or PSP sometime soon.
To make them true '25mm' reduce them to 89.2%. Equally, to make them 15mm then reduce them to 54%.

Feel free to do whatever you want with these miniatures. Colour and customise them any way you wish, and feel free to re-post them wherever you want. If you do, please link to them from this thread so that others can enjoy. Also I'd appreciate a credit as the original artist.
I must ask, though that, whatever you do with these miniatures, that you not sell them or profit from them in any way. They are meant to be free for all.

Next up, Aslan Vacc-Suits.
Very nice. Made me dig my old Cardboard Heroes
figures. They where the first Traveller figures
I used.

Originally posted by Ran Targas:
Crow, you working on more? I won't be able to sleep until I've collected the whole set!
I am, but slowly. I really want to get some Vargr done soon and the Droyne Alphas but I've been distracted lately by Second Life and now (after seeing Underworld: The Evolving the other night) I'm finally getting round to playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption that I bought years ago and could never play because of a crummy compatibility issue with Win2K =(

Crow

Back