• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller Trailer

<download and save for local distribution>

<click-whirrr>

<click youtube for viewer buzz for Andrew>

<click-error error>

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

<sigh, patience...>

<run saved copy while waiting>

:eek:

Wow! Stunning! Beautiful! I can almost be convinced there is a Traveller movie coming in the summer! That is kick-ass professional there Andrew. I'd have to hug ya if there wasn't an ocean between us ;) And ask anyone who knows me I'm not the hugging type. This just blows me away.

Marc M Miller should make you an offer you can't refuse to use this as a site draw. Seriously. Get an agent ;)

gotta go watch it for the third time :cool:

Yes youtube is go now, but I can't remember my blasted password to leave feedback there! And the password retriever is slow or dead. Or that's not my username :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll pump that later with a new account if nothing else. Carry on. No strike that. Take a day off, you've earned it. Let the computer cool down

Hmm, missed that Spica Preview earlier, also very cool. What's the music for it? It is vaguely familiar but I can't place it.

Originally posted by far-trader:
Hmm, missed that Spica Preview earlier, also very cool. What's the music for it? It is vaguely familiar but I can't place it.
Handel's Sarabande. It gets used quite a lot on TV.

Wow that's really good. Very professional looking. I also saw the 'Striker' video on YouTube. Somehow that one had evaded my attention in the past. Pretty impressive and nicely matched with the music, especially the very end.

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
I had other scenes planned for Striker but I ran out of song!
You could do a part 2 using 'Bomber' as the song. I think that would fit quite nicely.

Great work on the Research Station Gamma animation.

Not sure 100% sure what Mark is looking for in the music department though. Being a brit I would go for 'Land of Hope and Glory'.

His suggestion was the theme for Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles, but I'm not too keen. The BSG music is good, but maybe too obvious.

The theme from Gladiator, perhaps? Or maybe something off the album from the First season of the television version of Ghost In The Shell, such as "Run Rabbit Jack", "Inner Universe", or maybe "Rise", off the second season album?

Andrew Boulton wrote:
BTW, Marc wants some "martial" music for the new version. Any suggestions?
"Mars, the Bringer of War" from Holst's The Planets comes to mind, or is that too cliche? The first 3 minutes is a good stand alone section if you don't want to use the whole 7 minutes.
I also like the theme from the movie Zulu as martial music, but it only runs for about 1 minute 20 seconds. Maybe part of it could be looped?

If this is going official, you'll need to beware of IP issues, especially where the music industry is concerned.

Back