• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Type-S conversons for CT

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
"All you need is a deer strapped across the hull, in front of the bridge."

Nah, a K'Kree :)
And stuffed Aslan, droyne and Vargr Heads on the wall in the airlock?

I've done a TL15 (GTL12) variant for a JTAS contest (I won
) and article. I even did deckplans.

100 Ton Crockett Class Scout/Courier
Jump: 3
Manuver: 3g
Cargo: 7 dtons
Crew: 3 (Pilot, Gunner, Engineer)
Accommodations: 3 staterooms, 1 Bunkroom

There is even a covert variant. The S3 has storage for armor and weapons, and the 4-8 specops team is housed in the bunkroom.

I've got some K'Kree if anyone wants to buy some. Most are dead already - they had to be individuated but died - though we have some live ones for those who want to hunt!

Here is my "Near Scout" class. It is based on the premise that drives can be built that get half the performance of the "A" drives. I call them "1/2 A" drives. Thus a 100 ton ship with "1/2 A" drives would get Jump-1 and 1-G. When the Near Scout is built as a refit of the Type-S scout, it is little better than a Type-J. If built new as a custom hull, they are somewhat better than a Type-J, but not a lot.

Near Scout, TL9, 100 tons
Hull: - tons, MCr2, Std 100 ton hull
Conf: - tons, MCr1, B2 streamlining
MD: 1 tons, MCr2, "1/2 A" drive
PP: 2 tons, MCr4, "1/2 A" drive
JD: 5 tons, MCr5, "1/2 A" drive
Fuel: 20 tons, MCr-, 10 for PP+10 for JD
Brid: 20 tons, MCr0.5
Comp: 1 tons, MCr2, Model/1
Stat: 16 tons, MCr2, 4 staterooms as conversion
HdPt: 0 tons, MCr0.1
Turr: 0 tons, MCr0.5
FC: 1 tons, MCr-
Crft: 4 tons, MCr0.6, Air/Raft
Excs: 23 tons, MCr2.9, max cost for S.R.s

Totl: 93 tons, MCr22.6

Near Scout (type N): Using a standard 100-ton hull, the near scout is intended for light merchant duty or long-term scouting of a nearby system. It mounts jmp drive "1/2 A", maneuver drive "1/2 A", and power plant "1/2 A", giving performance of jump-1 and 1-G acceleration. A 20-ton fuel tank provides fuel for the power pland and provides sufficient fuel for one jump-1. Adjacent to the bridge is a computer Model/1. There are four staterooms and no low berths. One double turret with its fire control is installed on the ship's hardpoint, but no weaponry is mounted. One air/raft is carried in a specially fitted hangar within the ship. Excess space amounts to 23 tons (which can be modified to meed the desires of the purchaser when ordered). There are an extra 7 tons available in the standard drive area that many enterprising captains will use for additional cargo if the cargo will fit through the standard iris valves. The hull is streamlined.
The near scout requires a crew of one, assuming the duties of pilot and engineer. The ship costs MCr22.6 and takes 9 months to build.

Gurps traveller, jtas has a type S 100 to scout hull layed out as a rescue ship, sick bay, 3 or 4 passenger seats, a couple of state rooms and no jump drive. Should not be too hard if you've got all the bits in T20 CT.

Here is a List of all the scouts mentioned so far on this list

Type-S 100 Ton Scout/Courier

variants
Type-J Seeker
Type-H Hunter
Type-ST Scout/Transport
Type-SR Scout/Raider
Type-SR Scout/Merchant (delivery van)
Type-SF Fighter
Type-SL Field Lab
Type-J Low Trader
Type-S Mail Courier
Type-S 'Gemini' Scout
Type-SP 'Merkur' Probe
Type-SX Survey Scout
Type-SL Longprobe Scout
Type-SE ‘Lara Croft’ Explorer
Type-S ‘Scorpion’ Scout
Type-S ‘Redneck Trek’ Scout
Type-S3 ‘Crockett’ Scout/Courier
Type-N ‘Near’ Scout
Type-S Rescue Scout

^ The cool thing is that these stats could be attached to pretty much any deckplans for a 100t vessel. I've drawn up tons of 100t vessel deckplans and never bothered trying to work out the stats. Thanks guys!

Back