• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What would you like to see in a new Traveller Adventure?

Hmmm...I know you're in Gateway, but the one thing I always wanted to see more of were adventures written for those of us weirdos who play outside the Imperium...I mean a really good one set deep in the Extents...<Or some other alien domain>

It seems like outside of Gvurrdon, there's not much depth of stuff written...
Just me, I suppose...

-MADDog

How about several "Rich Kid" teenagers playing around and in a life boat on a "Liner" and they "Blow" the boat and crash land on a "Hell" planet....any one could flesh this idea out, great survival stuff!!!...limit what they have to survive with.

Originally posted by trader jim:
How about several "Rich Kid" teenagers playing around and in a life boat on a "Liner" and they "Blow" the boat and crash land on a "Hell" planet....any one could flesh this idea out, great survival stuff!!!...limit what they have to survive with.
I like that one! Maybe give some of the teens limited survival skills and abilities. These could be justified from military schools or a martial/outdoors tradition of the family.

Then add in a first contact with a primitive and hostile race on the planet.

Good plot idea TJ!

Originally posted by George Boyett:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by trader jim:
I like that one! Maybe give some of the teens limited survival skills and abilities. These could be justified from military schools or a martial/outdoors tradition of the family.

Then add in a first contact with a primitive and hostile race on the planet.

Good plot idea TJ!
</font>[/QUOTE]Yes, It's 'Tunnel in the Sky', by Robert Heinlein.

It's also still a damn fine adventure idea!

And were back to D&D but without the magic! I've tried a little Traveller Style D&D with no magic and you've got to watch out! The first combat is a snap, its the second and third combats in a row that you got to worry about since their are no magic spells or potions to heal you. Somewhere on the planet their must be an item of high technology that can get the PCs off this planet, perhaps it is worshipped as a God and the high priests won't let them near.

... or maybe the automatic distress beacon is still operating (intermittantly or at reduced power). Since the world receives visits by off-worlders infrequently, then the teens could be rescued by:

1) The Imperial Marines, who just happened to be monitoring distress frequencies as they make a refueling stop at the system's gas giant.

2) A ship of the Imperial scout service, on a survey mission to this subsector, monitoring distress frequencies... etc.

3) A friendly merchant, making an overt attempt to drum up new business on this backwater planet.

4) A hostile merchant, trading in some illicit items found only on this backwater planet.

5) A ship of the Zhodani Consulate's Advance Reconaissance Service, on a mission to infiltrate and subliminally (psionically) prepare the natives to accept a later Zhodani diplomatic mission.

6) A shipful of mercenaries who have taken to piracy and smuggling to augment their depleted funds. Sure, they'd love to take on new people as 'crewmembers', especially the long-lost offspring of wealthy families who would pay anything to get their precious kiddies back...

I always liked how The Traveller Adventure handled itself. Grab a major plot, throw in a couple of side plots, and toss around some random patron encounters and amber zones. Me, personally, I don't like the trade part of it. I'm not a merchant at heart. Something that anyone can use would be great. Smaller ships that a Subsidized Merchant - something one of the characters might more easily own/mortgage. Something Space Operaish is more my style. Cool villains - no faceless corporations. A small war or two (or three). Having a unique artifact would be nice - having to find it before someone else does would be better (or a "treasure hunt"). Being chased alot / having to hide a lot is always fun, too. But please make it useable for any type of ship crew - limiting it to a merchant crew or something like that, well, didn't stop me from buying the Traveller Adventure, but I had to modify it to what I wanted, that's all.

Later,

Scout

Like to see some fleshing out of the old
"Phoenix Project" where it is done up as
a proper scenario....Classics always work.
;) :D
file_22.gif

I have seen and readabout most? situations and adventures, but I have seen hardly any of Safari's
or animal gathering.
How about an adventure using a safari class ship working fpr the Imperial Zoo and their mission is to gather one sample of every carnivore know in the Imperium, sector by sector usinf all know Traveller material and beastery's.
could be bloody, especially when they discover new species!!!....of course this idea would need to be "fleshed out"....just rambling at 4 AM....

Paul..something either Casey, Maddog-Vargr, or Don M-Redleg said on Lonestar today(well yesterday now!)...
SOmething you haven't seen much of..like TJ's Safari- adventure idea..

The travelling media Campaign! Look there's this fine Prestige class TAS reporter..see?
And then you need a ship for the PC's (playing the reporter/ crew, team of journalists..etc)..

PC's can be covering weather/ local sports, Local entertainers, news, wars, etc.. and have to report/ "get the story"...

You get to drop in all the Traveller stuff ever done--save the Players are reporting it-trying to outscoop the local news/ rival new crew..

Hey--ye said you wanted something different?
Shootem ups, piracy, robberies, crimes, Hit singers goings on..--all that stuff is NEWSWORTHY..
and if some of it happens to the PC-Newsmen..<shrug> they get eyewitness reporting! :D

Congratulations, Liam! Here's your TAS press card. I need you to get the scoop on pirate activity in the Raidermarch! :eek: Have something on my desk in 30 days!
file_22.gif

Paul Nemeth
AA

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Hey--ye said you wanted something different?
Shootem ups, piracy, robberies, crimes, Hit singers goings on..--all that stuff is NEWSWORTHY..
and if some of it happens to the PC-Newsmen..<shrug> they get eyewitness reporting!
Noooo!! Gods Noooooo!! Tell me they aren't still doing REALITY SHOWS in the year 1110!! PLEASE for the Love of God!!!

Places Laser pistol against temple...

Originally posted by Antares Administration:
Congratulations, Liam! Here's your TAS press card. I need you to get the scoop on pirate activity in the Raidermarch! :eek: Have something on my desk in 30 days!
file_22.gif

Paul Nemeth
AA
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Looks over at Boris Bandov of Interstel@ and sighs. "You know Boris, there are days when I wish I was just a simple Belter from Hefry again.."--Mike Rourke, somewhere to trailing of that location...

Originally posted by GreyHawk:
Noooo!! Gods Noooooo!! Tell me they aren't still doing REALITY SHOWS in the year 1110!! PLEASE for the Love of God!!!

Places Laser pistol against temple...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mike Rourke & Boris Bandov of Interstel@ shuffle by, on their way to raidermarch, see the man with laser Pistol at his head in the Hiring hall of the starport concourse watching re-runs of "Survivor: Newcomb Prison World".
"Poor Devil, He should have had the luxury of a 20 year stretch there, like me," Mike sez, firing a cigarette up. "Think we'll get lucky to meet any pirates there?"
"That Man is way too into the televids, Mike,"-Boris replies.."raidermarch? Oh.. well with your criminal past, I was hoping to!"
Mike smiles, & laughs as they board the outbound ship SS Barren Token...
The discharge of the weapon goes unnoticed by them, but a Janibot reports it to SPA & SDE..
---to be continued. elsewhere

A despondent young man approaches the crew of a Far Trader having a drink in a bar.

"Does your ship have room for any passengers?" the young man asks. "I have to leave -- I just got voted off the planet."

The players are independent traders out to make a profit and discover that by selling knicknacks like engineering robots and laser planers to the locals (albeit Knicknacks with a short power supply) that they can become rich in a short period of time) but someone else (a rivel merchant line)knows what their up to and is trying to stop them.

The players are part of an NGO support operation. The NGO has set up some sort of active relief/support/engineering/what-have-you project that is working at counter purposes to the secret goals of a local noble/imperial agency. The noble/agency cannot openly oppose the humanitarian activities without taking a big PR hit.
Add in the fact that another, lesser ranked but popular, noble is a sponsor of the NGO activity. If the players stop the noble/agency then they have a new possible enemy. If the players don't save the NGO project they may have a new enemy/get blamed in the press for causing the failure of the humanitarian project.
file_23.gif

Back