• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Worlds

Not sure if anyone wants worlds or not, but just in case. Some are from Fractal Terrains then exported to GIMP to map to a sphere, the gas giants are pure GIMP from a tutorial. Need to get back to the other fractal system I sometimes use.
I used to have a few ISS maps and things back on the old art forums. I can plop them back here if anyone want them. I just like making up worlds (then go way beyond the MOAR principle, but hey, we each get our fun where we can!)

Attachments

• gasgiant3.png
    gasgiant3.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 16
  • gasgiant2.png
    gasgiant2.png
    892.9 KB · Views: 17
  • planetA.png
    planetA.png
    689.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Alell Globe.jpg
    Alell Globe.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 19
  • CyanG2.png
    CyanG2.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 20
Kryslion and my guide I posted a while ago in the forums. I don't think I posted the map collection.

edit: not sure all those globes actually are for Kryslion, but they are in that planet directory. I may have been testing a few things.

Kryslion.jpg

Attachments

• Globe.png
    Globe.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 4
  • globeCartoon.jpg
    globeCartoon.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 3
  • globeEdge.jpg
    globeEdge.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 3
  • KryslionGlobe2.png
    KryslionGlobe2.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Kryslion Guide - Pargu.pdf
    864.5 KB · Views: 1
  • KryslionISOHex.png
    KryslionISOHex.png
    655.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Kryslion Guide.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • Kryslion_Mercator.jpg
    Kryslion_Mercator.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6
Romar (and started way back here in the forum, so there may be some repeating) This was mostly using PlanetGen it looks like, then use that flat map & GIMP to make globes.

Guide here (OneNote PDF)
romar.png

Attachments

• LocalHex3.png
    LocalHex3.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Romar Terrain Hex Test 1.png
    Romar Terrain Hex Test 1.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Romar_relief.png
    Romar_relief.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • worldhex4.png
    worldhex4.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 4
I have not tried the original source code, but in typing this I realized I could try your wrapper and msi on my Surface. So I will try that and see what happens.

Gah same response on my Surface. I was not surprised that something did not run on my PC as I have hacked the hell out of it. But the Surface is a vanilla machine. Perhaps Win 10 had a patch? Or did you maybe create it for Win 11?

I built it on W10, I think, maybe 11. I honestly don't know. I don't think the JDK really cares much and would be backward compatible, but I have no idea.

I just grabbed a Windows VM and ran it.

Yea, I checked, it's a Windows 10 VM.

Back