• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Zhodani Consulate Map

Courtesy of Clifford Linehan, I have recently come into possession of Bari Z. Stafford Sr.'s "Turokan's Expedition to the Rim" files, including the sector data and notes associated with each sector and the expedition as a whole. While I've barely scratched the surface of the data, a few relevant details:

The route is an Imperial-sponsored round trip from Capital/Core sector, starting in 1100 returning in 1190. It does cross Hiver space on the way. It traverses just under 5000 parsecs rimward and trailing (90 sectors rimward, 90 sectors trailing, so 180 sectors). Bari's mapped sectors continue onward, for 238 total.

The stellar density is high in the non-rift areas (close to 50%) and also high in the inter-arm rifts. Nearly all of the non-rift areas are controlled by large, multi-sector polities which border neighbors with few unclaimed systems in between. It includes a spread of tech levels, mode is 8, but even some TL-H's and higher out there. In other words, Bari's vision of space beyond Charted Space is similar to Charted Space itself.

I'll be making the data available somehow, but since it contrasts wildly with the OTU setting I won't be simply incorporating it into the main Traveller Map.

Perhaps the best solution would be a Dataset switch as a pulldown menu. Which would allow for adding some of the 3rd party settings for MGT if their developers are willing.

Courtesy of Clifford Linehan, I have recently come into possession of Bari Z. Stafford Sr.'s "Turokan's Expedition to the Rim" files, including the sector data and notes associated with each sector and the expedition as a whole. While I've barely scratched the surface of the data, a few relevant details:

The route is an Imperial-sponsored round trip from Capital/Core sector, starting in 1100 returning in 1190. It does cross Hiver space on the way. It traverses just under 5000 parsecs rimward and trailing (90 sectors rimward, 90 sectors trailing, so 180 sectors). Bari's mapped sectors continue onward, for 238 total.

The stellar density is high in the non-rift areas (close to 50%) and also high in the inter-arm rifts. Nearly all of the non-rift areas are controlled by large, multi-sector polities which border neighbors with few unclaimed systems in between. It includes a spread of tech levels, mode is 8, but even some TL-H's and higher out there. In other words, Bari's vision of space beyond Charted Space is similar to Charted Space itself.

I'll be making the data available somehow, but since it contrasts wildly with the OTU setting I won't be simply incorporating it into the main Traveller Map.

Much of that data is already on the wiki with permission if I recall correctly.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Back