• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

A Proto-Traveller sized ATU

Oh, and I just named sector C5. It is now the Gernsback sector! So, start coming up with names for the 13 "FF" subsectors. Remember that we need big names for the subsectors, and then little names for the worlds. ;)

(If you don't see the theme here, then google "gernsback"....)

It's there, man! Sector E4, sub D. It's a dual named sub, as the region is shared with the "Americans". So, it's Snoudoni on the trailing side, and Nova Pritani on the spinward side.

The trailing side has a string of systems that connected with your mention of a series of forts. So, Snoudoni is the spinward/rimward "defensive" area for the six subsectors there at that corner: Snoudoni, Alouion, Gwined, Leyons, Eueriio, and Prydain.

And, BTW, the name actually applies to the whole cluster of systems (six of them), in-between Alouion and Nove Pritani.

Originally posted by Fritz88:
Alik, c'mon, toss in your Cr0.02, too! We still have 4 major groupings to toy with.

Ranger, I'm not ready yet to do something like use a Cyrillic alphabet. It is a thought for the final stages, though. I will take a look at those spelling changes.
May I suggest a few "translation errors" by the invading/winning side?

For example: The world is called Sandzak, but using the Cyrillic alphabet and "americanizing" it, the winners/invaders named the world "Cahuak". To my American eyes, the words aren't anything alike, but there is a connection. Then Cahuak can be "aged" back with the correct pronunciation so something like "Sanhuak". You don't have to do it for all the worlds, but maybe a small group of them (an independent PE that got swallowed early by someone else?)

BTW, Plankowner, the sector/subsector names are mostly "aged" as you suggest. We're not even to the stage of worlds, yet.

C'mon folks, get me a good thing going for the WWs, PPs, etc.! :D

My Traveller Universe is back!

OK, I've been away a while, playing in other sandboxes, but back to My Traveller Universe......

It's been a while, but here is my pared-down, proto-traveller sized MTU. Help me out and have some fun by looking at the completed system data (currently, 3 sectors) and: suggesting names, tweaking data, giving ideas for polities, etc.... When you give feedback, please put it in the following format:
Sector name/hex/orbit (if necessary)/satellite orbit (if necessary): your feedback

LINKS:
The star map (gif)

The sector names (gif)

The subsector names (gif)

The derivations for the sector/sub-sector names (html)

Danica sector data (xml)

Agrotikospiti sector data (xml)

Columbia sector data (xml)

Warning: I don't yet have a good way to display the xml files in a collapsed state. It is likely to display with everything expanded. if you can help me fix this, let me know. (Yes, I know about stylesheets, but I can't do CSS worth beans.) (The xml files are also large - you would be better off downloading them, then loading them locally.)

As I make changes to the Excel files based on your feedback, I will also update the xml files (so they should stay current).

Some caveats:
Empty orbits weren't working properly in the beginning, so Columbia doesn't have any (IIRC). Agrotikospiti may also be missing them (I can't remember when I got it fixed). If you think there ought to be an empty orbit somewhere, make that feedback, please.

Some of these systems have been tweaked. Some was doing things like moving populations to "nicer" worlds. Some of that was moving worlds or moving conditions for worlds (moving the atmo roll from that tiny rock in a far-distant orbit to the size 8 in the habitable zone). In almost all cases, I moved rolls, instead of moving the result. This led to some interesting results. Some of the man-handling was just to achieve results that I liked. :)

The intent of this TU is to have a majority no higher than J2, with some scattering of J3 capability. This doesn't really conform to the TLs/Drives in LBB2, but it does correspond to the drive tables in LBB5. So, TL-9/A is J1, TL-B is J2, and TL-C is J3.

There are some polity and world names in the files (almost exclusively in Columbia). These probably won't change, though you can always try to persuade me. (I'm trying to find my list of polities that are already labelled - and I can't! Aaargh!)

Very Simple Background: Settlers from the RoM era came to the next spiral arm over and started colonizing. No contact with home. Though they started at TL13 and rapidly achieved TL15 in some places, several dark ages (isolating individual worlds from each other) have made them start over.

Last edited:
Any chance you can condense down the data to just the main world in each system? Once we get system names in place, then we can try to come up with all the minor worlds within that system using the main world as the source?

I can try to filter out for just the mainworlds. I will post those links tomorrow (after I figure out how to do that.... :( ).

UPDATE: I'm still trying to figure out how to do this. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:
OK, I haven't been back here in a while ... okay, a LONG while. Real life took me away for a while. But, I'm back, and would like some opinions on formatting system details.

I am producing a set of books: 1 sector book, with an accompanying referee supplement, and 16 subsector books. (I will also have to publish about 5-6 extra subsector books for the systems on *this* side of the rift, after the initial burst.) In the subsector books will be system details in LBB6 style for every system in the subsector. This will entail 40-100 pages of info in each subsector book. (I was going to do it all in just the sector book - until I figured out how many pages that data would take... times 16.)

I have uploaded a file with a two-page sample system layout here (pdf). Download it. Print it. Use your awesome telepathic powers to peruse it without even going to the link. But, please provide me feedback on it. I do want to finish this before I get uploaded to the cloud someday in my old age.

(I am considering adding some callout boxes on the sample page in the actual subsector books to explain layout and information.)

Last edited:
Not at the moment, Topaz. I will try and collect some of that info and get it back up here. (That is, what of it isn't in the sector book.) I'm nearly done with the sector book - I just have to do all the system data so the subsector maps are correct in it.

Looks to be a decent layout. I assume your going to detail each system, perhaps giving a paragraph description of each inhabited world/moon and also add trade codes for each set of world data in the system?

BTW, Plankowner, the sector/subsector names are mostly "aged" as you suggest. We're not even to the stage of worlds, yet.

C'mon folks, get me a good thing going for the WWs, PPs, etc.! :D

What languages/cultures/races are the WWs and PPs etc. supposed to be?

Thank you, Cryton. However, I don't plan on putting in many system details (trade code is at the top, next to the UWP, under the name, along with base codes, PBG, and allegiance - that's why I need the callouts) as I have a fairly dense sector to get done. The sector book has polity information though - including culture, government, some economics, etc.

Topaz, dang... I think that got solved long time ago. I have sector and subsector names for all the sectors. (Though one subsector is called "Delta" because it's the D subsector :) ) Let me see what I have that I can post... clear up a few things.

EDIT: OK, file with the subsector and sector names and a sector starchart uploaded here (pdf).

Last edited:
Sorry, I guess I'm not familiar enough w the format to know what I'm looking at.

I figured out that the 200 pr listing in Orbit 2 is the main world - right?

What are all of the other listings in each orbit? Bases? Moons? What is pr?

OK, SpaceBadger, I will get the notes on that page, and repost. ("pr" is planetary radii, btw - the measure in LBB6 of orbital distance for a satellite.) I figured I would confuse someone if I didn't put those notes in.

OK, SpaceBadger, I will get the notes on that page, and repost. ("pr" is planetary radii, btw - the measure in LBB6 of orbital distance for a satellite.) I figured I would confuse someone if I didn't put those notes in.

So I guess each orbital radius in the first column is a primary planet, and the sub-entries are moons?

The first UWP in each orbit is a planet (planet, belt or GG), with the orbits of the satellites right below them, and the UWP of the satellite to the right.

I'm trying to put the notes on that page, but it keeps putting my callouts into the table, instead of over them. Grrrrr.

Back