• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

BritTrav

I live down in Sussex but regularly visit Edinburgh and the Borders so would also be interested in Jedburgh.

Not sure these days if I can justify the expense of a trip to Brum just to play Traveller.

Lonodn would be feasible though if anyone's running a game.

Originally posted by Icosahedron:
Pity, cos you're on my doorstep.
Originally posted by John G. Wood:
Yep - I saw you and Andrew Boulton were here. Maybe someday.

BTW, I'm in Pitsmoor, where are you?
Man, we could have gotten a group together in 2005/2006. If only I hadn't been swotting the whole time ...
file_28.gif

Originally posted by alte:
I live down in Sussex but regularly visit Edinburgh and the Borders so would also be interested in Jedburgh.
Where abouts in Sussex is you don't mind me asking?

Best Regards

Ewan

Definately want to get a Traveller Meet in Brum on the go vut don't want to book a room and be the only one in it. My advice is to book a table at the UK games expo in June (where Im running a cthulhu table) and run different traveller sessions.
http://ukgamesexpo.co.uk/

OK. BritTrav was my idea, so I'm willing to stick my neck out here and try to book a slot/table.

I'll check on the site that Twilight mentioned to see if/how I can do it.

Fair enough?

I've emailed a Richard Denning to ask how to go about arranging this. I'll feedback once I hear from him.

Bloody hell! That was quick!
To: Gruffty

Re: Free/Public Traveller SF-RPG game(s) at UK Games Expo 2007?

John,
We can accomodate this.
GMs basically work in 4 hours sessions circa
Mornings 9am till 1pm and
Afternoons 2pm and 6pm
and we also having some Saturday evening slots circa 7pm till 11 (could be a
tad later)

The scenarios you run are up to you provding they run to about 4 hours.

I do have some space on all sessions - Sat am and Pm, Sun am and Pm and sat
eve.

If you want to take this further can you give me the game system you want to
run - Classic ,Mega traveller TNE, T4, Gurps or D20 as Traveller has run ia
all of them and I can book the slot. We are keen not to let players down so
would like you only to put up a session as GM if you are sure you will do
it.

Thanks for this . Let me know

Richard
Right then!

I'll Ref if no-one else can be bothered/wants to.

Players, please, people!

:D

Gruffty, have you registered your slot/s yet? (ooeerr). I have committments on the day and am desperate to book a seat at serenity (changed it to cthulhu on sunday thus maximizsing my chance for traveller). That said, i'd rather play traveller so can you book a table so I can buy a seat? :)
Let me know asap if you can do it. I'll be your 1st player I usually play a secretive Solomani admin officer-but i guess that'll be up to you!)
well done for taking this on btw!

Twilight: tell me which slot you want the Traveller game in and I'll contact Richard Denning to see if we can get it.

Come on, BritTravellers - we can't run a game on just one Ref and a player! We need more volunteers please - a max of 5 players from these boards.

Mr Gruffty,

Im hoping that by next week I should know what day(s) I will be able to book off from work, then I will be able to say if I can join in gaming, so add 1 more to your provisional list.

As I am Reffing this (or will be) let's keep it as simple as possible:

[EDIT]Important Note about PCs:
Anyone who wishes to play and has acces to CT books/CD-ROM can generate their own character (using the guidelines below) and bring it with them to use on the day.

I will also generate a number of characters before the Con and bring them with me, so that players who don't have access to CT in any form can just sign up and play.

Characters:

a) Only one PC per player.
b) Your character can be any race/species from CT *except*:
i. K'Kree families (a whole family + entourage of K'Kree is a PITA to keep track of in a game);
ii. PC + robot attendant/body guard combos;
iii. A pure robot PC.
c) Characters must be *freshly generated* - i.e. generated specifically for the game at the con. - no very experienced/well kitted out/disgustingly wealthy characters;
d) Must be generated via LBBs 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 or the Alien Modules (see the exceptions [K'Kree and robots] above);
e) Can't be generated using hybrid CT canon/Homebrew rules - stick to what's in the books (this makes the acquisition of skills for characters fairer amongst all players);
f) If your newly generated character gets a starship as a mustering out benefit, make a note of it - it may come in useful in the game, depending on which CT adventure we use.

Adventure:

I have all of the CT Adventures/Double Adventures plus the ones in the back of the Alien Modules. Any suggestions as to which one to use? I have no preference, personally.

Task System:

Pure CT - throw high, base target number is 8+. Task difficulty (target number) is otherwise determined by the Ref unless already stated in the books. DMs of skill level or attribute for weapons (STR or DEX, depending on the weapon in the tables in the book), no spectacular success or failure/fumble (cos they aint in the CT rules ;) )

Minis:

If you've got 'em, bring 'em, and we'll use 'em.

Dice:

Bring yer own ;)

Rules Books:

Again, if you have actual rules books or print offs from the CT CD-ROM (or even a laptop and the CT-CDROM), bring 'em if you want. I'll bring mine with me.

Anything I've forgotten?

Originally posted by RogerCalver:
Mr Gruffty,

Im hoping that by next week I should know what day(s) I will be able to book off from work, then I will be able to say if I can join in gaming, so add 1 more to your provisional list.
Oh, indeed, Mr Calver! Consider it done. I'm 99% sure I can get the time from work, cos I do the shifts for my team :D

I'd prefer it on the saturday afternoon (14:00-18:00) as I'm running a Cthulhu Now adventure in the morning. May I make a suggestion? as it is only a 4 hour slot it would be better for time if you pre-gen'd the characters yourself, balanced the party,and wrote a small adventure from scratch. Some people can take hours doing a good character!

Alas, I have other commitments that weekend. :(
I'm still interested in any other meet, though, so if you guys get your diaries together on the day, let me know.

Back