• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Flying Off the Shelf!

Got my copy of T20 today (London, UK). Just about recovered from the hernia I got from picking it up

Looks very good
. Good thing I asked the FLGS to save me a copy, they said they'd already sold most of their copies (that arrived earlier today). Apparently it's selling well here.

Originally posted by MJD:
It kinda sucks that folks who preordered aren't getting their books until after some who didn't.

That's not what we intended, if that matters.
Certainly it matters, and I think we all know you never intended it to work out this way. Relax, we still love ya, even without the thoughtful free consolation gift.

file_22.gif
Of course if you're still feeling that guilty, well you could fire all us preorder fans a gratis pdf version ;) ;)
file_22.gif

I kid, just as long as I get my preorder via USPS in Canada before Dr. Skull gets his UPS express in the USA
I wanna see how long and how loud he can scream
file_21.gif

Originally posted by far-trader:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MJD:
It kinda sucks that folks who preordered aren't getting their books until after some who didn't.

That's not what we intended, if that matters.
Certainly it matters, and I think we all know you never intended it to work out this way. Relax, we still love ya, even without the thoughtful free consolation gift.

file_22.gif
Of course if you're still feeling that guilty, well you could fire all us preorder fans a gratis pdf version ;) ;)
file_22.gif

I kid, just as long as I get my preorder via USPS in Canada before Dr. Skull gets his UPS express in the USA
file_21.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]You're Evil.

I like that.

file_23.gif

Well, there certainly are plenty of copies here in London: I felt like an idiot for not preordering, but the T20 books are practically lying around on buses and park benches here. The odd thing is that there's hardly a giant gaming community in London, ON. It could be the local retailers thought it'd be a hot item. Should I be expecting busloads of irate American gamers arriving soon? As long as we don't get any more beanie-baby hunters... that was sheer hell.

Originally posted by Arsulon:
Well, there certainly are plenty of copies here in London: I felt like an idiot for not preordering, but the T20 books are practically lying around on buses and park benches here. The odd thing is that there's hardly a giant gaming community in London, ON. It could be the local retailers thought it'd be a hot item. Should I be expecting busloads of irate American gamers arriving soon? As long as we don't get any more beanie-baby hunters... that was sheer hell.
ok, quick survey...

canada, uk, all 'others' how about the lowdown on the cost in your respective flgs (local currency..) :confused:

Originally posted by Squid:
Denmark has T20? Then I should be getting mine soon, it's only a bridge away now...
I'm waiting to see if my mailed copy slips past the Tullen boys, but will call Tradition to see if they have it yet.
BTW, have you seen any printed copies of T20 Lite up in Stockholm?

Originally posted by eclipse:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by far-trader:[qb]I kid, just as long as I get my preorder via USPS in Canada before Dr. Skull gets his UPS express in the USA
file_21.gif

You're Evil.

I like that.

file_23.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]______________________________
Hedged me bets and got one at FLGS last week here in Arkansas (yes the RPG wormhole/ BFE end of the RPG universe) of these Southern United States.
Now my e-mail ordered one is 96hrs MFU still..but the BITS stuff arrived intact. Was gibts hier Mein herr?

WOW! It's big...

Travelling Man, York (Gods Own Country, or so my ex-wife claims...) got theirs from Esdevium yesterday. I've pestered tem so often that when I walked in on Tuesday and asked about it, they said "Wednesday, about £25" but when I rsuhed in yesterday (half an hour before closing), the manager apologise that he'd lied... it was actually £29.95.

Did I mention it's big?

Originally posted by eclipse:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by far-trader:

file_21.gif
You're Evil.

I like that.

file_23.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]Nah, if I was truly Evil I'd be following through later today with my idea to post saying that it had arrived in the morning mail...

file_22.gif
file_23.gif

THAT would have sent him over the edge fer sure
file_21.gif

But I thank you for the compliment just the same
file_22.gif

.... .- .... .- .... .-

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum...

Originally posted by Takei:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Squid:
Denmark has T20? Then I should be getting mine soon, it's only a bridge away now...
I'm waiting to see if my mailed copy slips past the Tullen boys, but will call Tradition to see if they have it yet.
BTW, have you seen any printed copies of T20 Lite up in Stockholm?
</font>[/QUOTE]Good luck, and pray that they guys marked it "gift" ;)
And sadly no, both Tradition and SF Bokhandeln have missed out on it for reasons unknown to me at this time.

Just as a note back to the start of this. My FLGS in Salt Lake City got their first batch of 5 in late Thursday. 4 were sold as the box was opened
. Their second order is scheduled to arrive today or tomarrow
Peter V.

PS My preorder is not as of yet :( soon

Originally posted by far-trader:

file_21.gif
[/QB]
To quote Eric Cartman
"I hate you guys, so very much"

Well all us Brits can rest easy its here but trying to find a shop that aint sold out is fun!!!
Gonna have to wait till next week before I can get a copy..sulk.

Preorders are also here in Alaska! Mine is sitting next to me on my desk waiting to go home after work. :cool:

One hour and forty-eight minutes to go...

Originally posted by Shadowsmith:
Preorders are also here in Alaska! Mine is sitting next to me on my desk waiting to go home after work. :cool:

One hour and forty-eight minutes to go...
They got from Georgia to Alaska before they got to Iowa? :confused:

Something is wrong with the universe
file_28.gif

Got home from work today to find my copy waitin' for me in front of the ol' bunny hole... have to say I'm very impressed. :cool:

Now to try and find a T20 game to hook up with...

No T20 in the stores in Hawaii yet, but my pre-order just arrived! Now I can stop bugging my FLGS every day and start working on my campaign.

BTW the book looks great. Too bad the door to my office is glass, so I'll have to wait until I get home to do any serious reading.

And a big thank you to Hunter for springing for UPS 2nd Day Air (there's no UPS Ground to Hawaii for obvious reasons).

Originally posted by Squid:
Good luck, and pray that they guys marked it "gift" ;) [/QB]
The Tullen guys do seem to have become much more efficient these last few years. When GT came out I was direct ordering from the US and getting the books in about a week with no Tullen re-direction. It's now taking an average of three weeks plus moms plus THEIR postage :-(

[/QB][/QUOTE]And sadly no, both Tradition and SF Bokhandeln have missed out on it for reasons unknown to me at this time.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I called both the Tradition shops here in Göteborg and told them about it. I even gave them the web address so they could go and look for themselves. No luck.
T20 wasn't there yesterday when I called in.

Back