• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Is the Traveller Market Fractured

Is the Traveller Market Fractured Today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone just delete everything from page 12 onwards? That's when the thread switched from being a serious and potentially useful one to a complete farce.

Then again, it seems that as time goes by it's becoming harder and harder to hold any kind of serious, intelligent discussion here.

Originally posted by Malenfant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jamus:
*snip*
Oh look, another bunch of completely subjective opinions touted as fact. Thanks for such a useful contribution! :rolleyes: [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]The same could be said for everything you have posted in the last three years buddy. Just so we can clear something up though...where did I state my opinions were fact?

I dont know MJD and am unfamiliar with his works but to do a review of them or anyones writing is a work of opinions and personal bias. to say otherwise is rediculous.

The constant use of "a breath of fresh air" by people in the game community especially in relation to eberon and now traveller is complete trash. Other than a half dozen four armed alien/human mutants what is new about golden age?

CT is the superior setting.

I suppose I should start adding a note that everything I write is just my opinion so that the slow children dont get upset.

Originally posted by Jamus:
The same could be said for everything you have posted in the last three years buddy.
:rolleyes: Here we go again... No, it really couldn't. I've always clearly separated statements of fact from opinion.

Just so we can clear something up though...where did I state my opinions were fact?
Since you apparently have a very short memory:

Nothing is new or fresh so lets stop useing corp speak when we discuss our passion for games.
Opinion, not fact.

point 3. CT is the best Traveller system.
Opinion, not fact.

I dont know MJD and am unfamiliar with his works but to do a review of them or anyones writing is a work of opinions and personal bias. to say otherwise is rediculous.
Nobody said that they weren't. However, a useful review is one where the reviewer is objective, not one where he's come into it with a pre-formed opinion that's tainting everything he writes. That's clearly what Roger meant by "bias".

The constant use of "a breath of fresh air" by people in the game community especially in relation to eberon and now traveller is complete trash. Other than a half dozen four armed alien/human mutants what is new about golden age?
WTF are you even talking about? Nobody cares what you think about a commonly-used phrase. Just because you're apparently so jaded and cynical that you can't see anything cool about something new doesn't mean that nobody else should.

IMO, 1248 is definitely a step forward for Traveller - just like TNE was (again, IMO). Except with 1248 there's enough stable places for people to run what would otherwise be a normal CT-style campaign, so much of what people didn't like about TNE isn't an issue anymore.

CT is the superior setting.
Hey look, opinion touted as fact again!

I suppose I should start adding a note that everything I write is just my opinion so that the slow children dont get upset.
Perhaps it'd be better if you just engaged your brain first before typing?

Originally posted by Sinbad Sam:
*a large bearded, balding, bespectacled, massively built human male with a large gut, with a Blue Amazonian Parrot sitting on his left shoulder, holding a large yellow sign with with the words written upon it. "ONE WEEK" on the front. Parades the sign in front of certain members here."

Gentle sophonts I believe it is time to take a breath, it appears that this thread is becoming abit too heated in its discussions in this thread. I like the majority of what is being discussed here, with out the extra content.

But that is merely my opinion, please continue as you will.
file_21.gif
As entertaining as this is to you Sinbad, I am less than pleased.

I began this thread

I By-God f***ing end it. NOW.

Sincerely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back