• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New Broadsword deckplans posted

Originally posted by plop101:
This is great stuff here; any possibility of doing the Type T Patrol Cruiser?
Check out the Fiddleback Type T Patrol Cruiser on my site. I suppose I could try using the CT/FASA hullform if you prefer, but I kind of like this one.

Upper deck: http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/images/typet1.gif

Main deck: http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/images/typet2.gif

Lower deck: http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/images/typet3.gif

Originally posted by Tanuki:
I've posted new/varient deckplans for the 800 dton Broadsword Class Mercenary Cruiser at http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/

Please take a look. I'd appreciate comments and suggestions.

I'm calling this the Longsword subclass as it differs quite a bit from the old GDW deckplans. I computed volumes and the Broadsword, as published, is actually over 1200 dtons -- a bit more generous than the usual 20%. This one is a lot closer to being the right size.
Very, very nice. I've already got a link to your stuff on my Traveller links page.

Originally posted by plop101:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />How dare you all.. you profane Traveller Ships....
you WILL be PUNISHED by the CHURCH OF THE EVERLASTING
JUMP!!!!.....especially the HERETIC Liam....He will BURN!!!!......
But how do you really feel, Trader Jim?
file_22.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]___________________________________
He's put out a wee his Money order card credit stik got lifted at the counter, and got a perscomm call from Padre Fletch thirty mikes later fer the "contribution" to the Faith saying "thanks for the Trillions!"
;)
file_22.gif
file_23.gif
omega.gif

Hey Tanuki, haveyou got a decent version of the classic Nishemani-P class Corsair? :D :cool:
Inquiring heretics miss THAT old bird almost as much!
I've seen one on line, and its close, but no external shots of her.(Rose/Nishemani-Solomani Light freighter/ Corsair design TL-12, J2/3G).

heretically yours....

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Hey Tanuki, haveyou got a decent version of the classic Nishemani-P class Corsair? :D :cool:
Inquiring heretics miss THAT old bird almost as much!
I've seen one on line, and its close, but no external shots of her.(Rose/Nishemani-Solomani Light freighter/ Corsair design TL-12, J2/3G).

heretically yours....
Some exterior illos would halp a lot if you want it to match precisely. Otherwise, what's important statwise? Give me a sense of what you want and I'll see what I can do.

Illustrations are several in MT era sourcebooks: The deck plans in Judges Guild stuff (CT era) are pretty Poor (a flying box?) and don't match the MT illustrations. The MT-Encyclopedia has one in the back with the rest of the ships, "Hard Times" has one on page 90 ( a Gazelle CE firing its its dorsal barbette at a fleeing P-corsair).

Basically she's a shovel headed design, with a neck corridor between Main hull and the bridge,with wings and fins akin to the T-class Patrol Cruiser, as opposed to the streamlined needle hull of the classic PC(she's a SL-Slab). She sports 400dtns, with a 30-40 dtn Ship's subcraft, a 100dtn cargo hold (stern bay ramp on lower deck), J-2 jay drives, Man 3 Gee drives(upper stern deck), 4 hard points (One dorsal/ one ventral-usually Msl turrets), one starboard, one port side on the bridge.-usualy Laser turrets). She also comes with grapples capabale of hauling off 100dtns at a performance reduced to J-1. Built at TL-12, and onward. A SL hull. (Wing fins do the Tie-Ftr thing as opposed to the Straight up n down of the T-class fins.)
Her most curious features are her retractable wings & fins/ for SL atmosphere conditions, and "inflateable modules to disguise her profile to sensors.

Thats her best of my memory. A silhouette of her is in ANother source, but I only have the protable library with me at work. Hows that?
-------------------------------
"I'm calling this the Longsword subclass as it differs quite a bit from the old GDW deckplans. I computed volumes and the Broadsword, as published, is actually over 1200 dtons -- a bit more generous than the usual 20%. This one is a lot closer to being the right size."
------------------
Does this mean the older Broadsword needs 4 more turrets?!!!
file_23.gif
file_23.gif
:cool: :cool: ?

Two questions for ya:

- What program did you use to make these floorplans?

- Can I steal your "graphics"?

Good work!

OKay..back at th' house :
MT-Imperial Encyclopedia, page 85, lower right corner. Illustration there from the stern starboard quarter. MT stats:
Hull 396/990; Disp 440; Config 4SL; Armor=40G
TL-15; Mcr 138.74
UNloaded 3090tns/loaded 5310 tons
Power: 17.34; Fusion 4590 MW, duration 20/60
Loco: 29/58, Man 3G, 11/22; Jump 2
Cruise=2135 kph; top 2850 kph
Agility=2
Commo: Radio= system
Sensors: EMMask, Passive EMS,=Interstellar
Active EMS= Far Orbit; EMS Jammer=Far Orbit
Densitometer= HIgh Pen/1km, Neutrino=10km
ActObjScan=Rout; ActObjPin= Rout
PAsObjScan=Rout; PasObjPin=Rout
PasEngScan=Simp; PasEngPin= Rout

OFFENSIVE: Beam laser x 04
Defensive: DefDM+5
Control 2x 3, Panel=holodynamic link x905,
Special Head Up x5, Environ-basic Env, basic Ls
extended Ls, Grav plates,inertial compensator

Accom: Crew 12 (bridge 3, Engineer 3, Gunnery 4, Command 1, Medical 1), Staterooms 10
Emergency Lowberths, 5

Cargo 2090 Kl, fuel 1910kl
Obj size=Avg
EMlevel=faint

Thats the Corsair P-class, aka the Nishemani/ Rose class as some have named her. Hope that helps.

Liam, thanks for distracting TJ while I was able to "accept" his generous "donation" to the poor teen orphan girls adult.... I mean advanced education fund.... I am thinking of getting a Happy Fun Ball for myself, but would like suggestions for a ship name appropriate to my character, as revealed so far.
The use to which it would be put is acting a travelling temple to the Spirit of the Emperor’s Avatar. We would pull into orbit around unenlightened planets and preach the word of the glories of the Imperium and the wonder of the Emperors works. Using high TL broadcasting gear we would dispense education, enlightenment, entertainment and news. Using my all-Female Sophont crew, all between the ages of 17 and 30, we would give 3 shows daily, 4 on Sevenday, (with a matinee for the little ones)
Of course we also have a small platoon of ladies who can provide "special services" (NO, not that, these kind of services often use drop capsules, combat armor, gauss rifles, the occasional bit o’ ortillery and a hot extraction using the modular cutter)
I think that 800 DT is just the right size and Tanuki has done such a bang up job.
Taking suggestions now for a ship name as well as a unit name for the ladies and me. Grand prize is a position aboard as "Personal Assistant to the Padre"
All of this funded courtesy of TJ’s cred stick with a nod to Liam (Brother, there is always a bunk aboard for family, but ye’ might have to snuggle wit’ one o’ the wee lassies, seein’ as we practice "hot bunking" aboard. But I did nae think ye would mind)
file_23.gif
:D
file_22.gif

Originally posted by Father Fletch:
Liam, thanks for distracting TJ while I was able to "accept" his generous "donation" to the poor teen orphan girls adult.... I mean advanced education fund.... I am thinking of getting a Happy Fun Ball for myself, but would like suggestions for a ship name appropriate to my character, as revealed so far.
The use to which it would be put is acting a travelling temple to the Spirit of the Emperor’s Avatar. We would pull into orbit around unenlightened planets and preach the word of the glories of the Imperium and the wonder of the Emperors works. Using high TL broadcasting gear we would dispense education, enlightenment, entertainment and news. Using my all-Female Sophont crew, all between the ages of 17 and 30, we would give 3 shows daily, 4 on Sevenday, (with a matinee for the little ones)
Of course we also have a small platoon of ladies who can provide "special services" (NO, not that, these kind of services often use drop capsules, combat armor, gauss rifles, the occasional bit o’ ortillery and a hot extraction using the modular cutter)
I think that 800 DT is just the right size and Tanuki has done such a bang up job.
Taking suggestions now for a ship name as well as a unit name for the ladies and me. Grand prize is a position aboard as "Personal Assistant to the Padre"

-------------------------------------------------
Hmmmm.
A)Star of Salvation
b)Salvation's Sail
c)(The) Holy Canon Law
d)(the)Starry Shrine of PUCLYED
--------------------------------------------------
All of this funded courtesy of TJ’s cred stick with a nod to Liam (Brother, there is always a bunk aboard for family, but ye’ might have to snuggle wit’ one o’ the wee lassies, seein’ as we practice "hot bunking" aboard. But I did nae think ye would mind)
file_23.gif
:D
file_22.gif
Hotbunkin' a problem Padre? Nay, we practice that lot on Hefry when th' power bills' a wee late to Combine. And in a line marriage, thats a lot of folks packed into a feder bed! ;)

I'll be back to write replies later tonight.

For now, go back to my website and click on the Broadsword icon.
file_23.gif

Thats it ...i surrender....i have met my Master...
Father Fletch....is now the Best B.S. ARTIST on the Boards...puts my trivial efforts to Shame......YOU WIN.... :rolleyes:
file_21.gif

Originally posted by trader jim:
Now can i have my charged up Credit Cards Back.....you BUM...... :D :D
SPA union janitor Lady, Maa "Ma" Bakker, local 1128, hands youa slip.
"Mistuh Jimmm, you've a credit stik at Lost N Found, suh.."
and waddles away with her Hoover 5600 floor waxing/ vaccum machine...

heretically yours

Star Port Security...theres a guy out on ConCourse 14 with Tanuki's secret Broadsward Plans!! yes sir...just repoted STOLEN....yes sir....names Liam.....gotta go now.....
file_22.gif

Originally posted by trader jim:
Star Port Security...theres a guy out on ConCourse 14 with Tanuki's secret Broadsward Plans!! yes sir...just repoted STOLEN....yes sir....names Liam.....gotta go now.....
file_22.gif

Originally posted by Tanuki:
I'll be back to write replies later tonight.

For now, go back to my website and click on the Broadsword icon.
file_23.gif
Thanks Tanuki, I needed that after tonight, glad I popped in

Nice touch, are you having too much fun, or just enough ;)

I haven't commented on your designs since bending your ear (and arm
file_22.gif
) on the Manta earlier. Figured a diverse opinion base would be better than just me imposing my taste. Anywho, bravo again, you continue to impress me. Hunter hasn't talked you into doing any official deckplans yet eh? Of course if we all get this level of quality for nothing who am I to complain...
file_23.gif

Originally posted by daryen:
Two questions for ya:
- What program did you use to make these floorplans?
- Can I steal your "graphics"?
Good work!
I use Campaign Cartographer -- CC2 Pro -- and Paintshop Pro.

Can you use the symbols and deckplans? Sure -- non-commercial use is fine.

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Thats the Corsair P-class, aka the Nishemani/ Rose class as some have named her. Hope that helps.
Alright, Liam. Let's see what I can come up with.

Back