• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Pondering starship evolution

Shrug, your party, but that module won’t fit in many of the bigger vehicles independent of the hull form.
Hence why I mentioned this ...
Going to see if I can fit any vehicles into this form factor before moving on.
Although, more to the point, I'm not sure how "helpful" changing the form factor from a squarish-rectangle to a rounded tube would help much with vehicle form factors. :unsure:

Still, "by the numbers" (only) ... 16 tons is "plenty" for most vehicles, including 10 ton ATVs.

Still, "by the numbers" (only) ... 16 tons is "plenty" for most vehicles, including 10 ton ATVs.
Aircraft had foldable wings to accommodate aircraft carriers. HEIGHT will be the biggest issue for most Vehicles (real trucks need about 4 meters of clearance) and virtually ALL ships have sub-3 meter ceiling heights. That suggests a market for vehicles that “kneel” to lower the headroom … leaving just Length and Width as the critical dimensions.

Hence why I mentioned this ...

Although, more to the point, I'm not sure how "helpful" changing the form factor from a squarish-rectangle to a rounded tube would help much with vehicle form factors. :unsure:

It’s the length that is the problem, unless you set them diagonally and waste a lot of space.

It might be the vehicle designs.
Given that the intention here is TL=9 and explicitly interstellar, it would be extremely strange to want to put anything other than grav vehicles into one of these 16 ton Boxes for transport (except as 3rd party freight).
  • 2x Air/Raft (4 tons each) + 1x G-Carrier (8 tons)

ZymwkKs.png

Guess I can make it work ... :unsure:

Given that the intention here is TL=9 and explicitly interstellar, it would be extremely strange to want to put anything other than grav vehicles into one of these 16 ton Boxes for transport (except as 3rd party freight).
  • 2x Air/Raft (4 tons each) + 1x G-Carrier (8 tons)

ZymwkKs.png

Guess I can make it work ... :unsure:
Sure you should be able to get 4 air/rafts in no problem. G carrier isn’t fitting through those doors and the 10 dton ground stuff is longer.

Back