• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Starships

As with many here, @magmagmag , your illustrations are the absolute image of my Traveller universe. I do have one request: when you eventually get around to doing the Dragon-class System Defense Boat (Traders & Gunboats), I request you include one image based on the "SDB ready for launch" image on page 33 of JTAS #9. I absolutely love how you reproduce classic Traveller black-and-white line-drawn images in beautiful 3D renderings! Thank you for the great inspiration!

I request you include one image based on the "SDB ready for launch" image on page 33 of JTAS #9.
s4XumEq.png

As with many here, @magmagmag , your illustrations are the absolute image of my Traveller universe. I do have one request: when you eventually get around to doing the Dragon-class System Defense Boat (Traders & Gunboats), I request you include one image based on the "SDB ready for launch" image on page 33 of JTAS #9. I absolutely love how you reproduce classic Traveller black-and-white line-drawn images in beautiful 3D renderings! Thank you for the great inspiration!
To add to that request, I'd love to see a drawing of the Dragon SDB with it's attached jump shuttle. And possible the jump shuttle on its own.

I thought I'd remembered your doing a Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser, @magmagmag , and then I realized it was just a distance shot in your beautiful Scout/Courier shot. Do you have a close-up of the Leviathan? Did the Scout ship discover the former MC-51336 Marcucci, now a pirate ship?

Attachments

• starship Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser.jpg
    starship Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 46
I thought I'd remembered your doing a Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser, @magmagmag , and then I realized it was just a distance shot in your beautiful Scout/Courier shot. Do you have a close-up of the Leviathan? Did the Scout ship discover the former MC-51336 Marcucci, now a pirate ship?
I think these are his.

Attachments

• 1_LV_001B.jpg
    1_LV_001B.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 1_LV_004B.jpg
    1_LV_004B.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 38
CROSS SECTION PART A OF KUGASHIN CLASS LABORATORY SHIP TYPE-L
The ship has twenty staterooms and no low berths. Cargo capacity totals 23 tons; 85 tons are available within the ship for use as lab space. The lab ship carries one 40-ton pinnace and two air/rafts. The ship itself is unstreamlined. The laboratory ship requires a crew of five: a pilot, a navigator, a medic and two engineers. Gunners may be added to the crew if the ship is armed; additional crew are carried to accomplish the ship's research functions. The laboratory ship costs MCr71, and takes sixteen months to build*3)*4).
*3)Marc Miller: Double Adventure 3b, Death Station, Game Designers Workshop, pp.10, 1981.
*4)Anonymous: Starship deck plans in 25mm Scale, Seeker Gaming Systems, pp.1, 1991.

Attachments

• 000400LAB_SHIP016_INNER_B2.jpg
    000400LAB_SHIP016_INNER_B2.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 31
With the creation of this laboship, I have finished tracing that illustration of William H. Keith Jr.’s space space craft in pp. 62 to 60 of the Traveller Book which was my goal.
Take a short break, next I will build spaceships for the Trader and Gunboaton including the SDB.

I would like to remake it including interriors. Marcucci II is new one. I think the first ship has already been lost as a pirate ship.

I am searching images classical illustration of the SDB, the X-boat tender, Type-J ....
Combed through my PDF collection of JTAS issues 1-36 and found the following images, a few of which I presume you already have.

JTAS 5, p34
5ReJuK2.png

JTAS 6, cover
heuXk73.png

JTAS 6, p10
xMr3es7.png

JTAS 28, p5 and 6
sIH1OGa.png

WgmYkFG.png

JTAS 31, p19
avgjqyW.png

Obviously, this is mostly Scout/Courier art, because Express Boats/Tenders were rarely featured.

I'm still amused by the fact that Express Boats are the interstellar equivalents to hot air balloons in terms of their hull shape.

onccvI4.jpeg

Refueling: Because the lab ship is unstreamlined and therefore cannot skim fuel for itself, the refueling task falls to the pinnace. The small craft is assigned the routine of skimming a gas giant and ferrying the fuel to the lab ship. In systems where refined fuel is available, the pinnace will be called upon to transport fuel from the fueling point to the ship*3*4).

Attachments

• 000400LAB_SHIP016_004A.jpg
    000400LAB_SHIP016_004A.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 16
Back