• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller 2013 Calendar

Preview Image: Mark Hirst - 'Escape'

escape.jpg

I've created a blank/rough version of the cover,
I figure for this, we use something like the original? Or something different. ?
traveller_calendar_2013-blank12.jpg

Added some images to see how it looks. Finished will be far better, just grabbed some of the submissions and what I had lying about...
traveller_calendar_2013-test.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! All the previews look really interesting, and gorgeous! I wonder, in observance of Andrew's passing, if perhaps we should leave all images off the cover this year, just the red and black and the sunburst? Just a thought...

Oh, and be sure to put the other "L" in Traveller!

Does the calendar have a back cover? I'm thinking of somewhere to put Andrew's pic and Marc's eulogy.

Tom, do you stiil correspond with Rob Caswell? I was wondering if (a) he knows about Andrew's passing, and (b) if he wanted to contribute. (That is, if there's still space???)

Well spotted.

Yes I like the blank one. Maybe a lone
Beowulf like the COTI header.

Yes I am having a back cover, having the eulogy is a great
Idea.

Edit: Amended 1st image..

Last edited:
Does the calendar have a back cover? I'm thinking of somewhere to put Andrew's pic and Marc's eulogy.

Tom, do you stiil correspond with Rob Caswell? I was wondering if (a) he knows about Andrew's passing, and (b) if he wanted to contribute. (That is, if there's still space???)

I've spoken to Rob- I'd originally told him about Andrew when I found out about it. He's trying to come up with an idea for the calendar. I hope he does-he's been in a bit of an artist's block, and I'd love to see him do a new Traveller image!

I've spoken to Rob- I'd originally told him about Andrew when I found out about it. He's trying to come up with an idea for the calendar. I hope he does-he's been in a bit of an artist's block, and I'd love to see him do a new Traveller image!

Brill, I've been contacted my Bryan Gibson who mentioned Rob's name..

If I can help in any way pipe up! I can do logos, backdrops and stuff... hopefully in a fortnight I should be a little more free... I am thinking I do the 5th FW.

Hopefully I've more than enough and enough to cover dropouts or whatever.
More is fine, like I said I've a plan... and theres 2014... and 2300AD..possibly

Last edited:
If a lot of submissions, a 16-month calendar maybe? I started work on mine today. Should be ready in a week.

If 24+, go with half-month pages.

At 26, you can go with 2-week pages.

The preview art absolutely rocks, guys. I'm going to avoid another ship illustration though as quite frankly the competition is too intense.

I'm just getting started with my contribution. I've not had time to begin till now - I became a father on Wednesday. Noah Alexander Lucas: take a bow, son. Busy times in the Lucas household, but producing some Traveller art will probably be something of a lifeline.

Anyway, I'm going to illustrate the inside of a ship's turret. It may or may not be done in the style of a technical illustration with a key that explains what all the buttons / holographic controls do.

Mk

I'm just getting started with my contribution. I've not had time to begin till now - I became a father on Wednesday. Noah Alexander Lucas: take a bow, son. Busy times in the Lucas household, but producing some Traveller art will probably be something of a lifeline.

Anyway, I'm going to illustrate the inside of a ship's turret. It may or may not be done in the style of a technical illustration with a key that explains what all the buttons / holographic controls do.

Mk

Congrats Mark! Best mate just had a boy, they've no idea what to call him.
I've suggested Chewbacca...
I'm pretty busy, moving house, going ok, my works lent me a huge van.

I like your idea. It's different!

-Ian

Back