• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Only: Traveller 40th Anniversary Set!

google_charsheet_with_book1_and_book2_candy.png

LBBs are very cool to have under your desk lamp. But I still prefer my hardcover TTB any day that's only $20 from DriveThru, and matches my Mongoose Traveller books on the shelf.

Are those LBBs of recent manufacture? Sooo shiny.... *drool* :)

How is the quality of the POD stuff through DriveThru? Is is equivalent to that of Lulu? Worse? Better? I don't want to get TTB in HC if it is going to fall apart once I open it up (and yes, the quality of POD books is usually shoddy).

It's made like any other book is. The pages are thin, just like in the MgT1e book. Don't expect gloss paper.

Are those LBBs of recent manufacture? Sooo shiny.... *drool* :)
I'm just making images of new-condition books so that Google Images will have something other than 40-year-old beat-up ones. It's hard enough getting new players into Traveller without all the photos of poor-condition core rule books posted online everywhere.

I'm just making images of new-condition books so that Google Images will have something other than 40-year-old beat-up ones. It's hard enough getting new players into Traveller without all the photos of poor-condition core rule books posted online everywhere.

Book tease. Had me wondering if DriveThruRPG was holding out on us with new paperbacks. :p

It's an excellent graphic Shawn, as are all your visual works. The cover art for Agent Of The Imperium being another fine example.
I'm curious about those dice though. Are they available to buy anywhere? I'm sure I've seen them before but I think it might have been in another of your artworks.

It's an excellent graphic Shawn, as are all your visual works. The cover art for Agent Of The Imperium being another fine example.
I'm curious about those dice though. Are they available to buy anywhere? I'm sure I've seen them before but I think it might have been in another of your artworks.
The image is a CG render. So the dice are virtual. They are mimicking the AKO Dice that you can buy. My fake dice are painted in the Traveller-Minimalist style. I use them (and other styles) for rolling in my Traveller Calculator app, and in Hangouts (before Google+ changed things).

I think the reason to reprint would be to sell in stores and get buzz for people to come to the FFE website. The profits are on the backend.

Technically, Traveller is in the Speculative Fiction genre, according to an Internet movement that is getting stronger every year.

"Speculative Fiction Adventure in the Far Future." It doesn't quite have the ring to it.

The image is a CG render. So the dice are virtual. They are mimicking the AKO Dice that you can buy. My fake dice are painted in the Traveller-Minimalist style. I use them (and other styles) for rolling in my Traveller Calculator app, and in Hangouts (before Google+ changed things).

Ah, that's where I have seen them before. Very nice idea to use minimalist dice, perfect compliment to the minimalist cover design of the LBBs.

My other virtual dice.

Several questions for you:

1) Where can I get that character sheet?
2) What book is in the back? Looks like Mongoose's 1st Ed. Pocket Rulebook, but thicker, and I've never seen that pic on the cover.
3) What program did you render that in? It looks awesome!

Several questions for you:

1) Where can I get that character sheet?
2) What book is in the back? Looks like Mongoose's 1st Ed. Pocket Rulebook, but thicker, and I've never seen that pic on the cover.
3) What program did you render that in? It looks awesome!

1) It's an Excel spreadsheet I made. Maybe I can post it somewhere.
2) The blue book perfect binding paperback is LBBs 1-3 together. See http://shawndriscollrpg.blogspot.com/2017/05/a-traveller-book-i-wanted-as-kid.html
3) modo 601.

Mike brought this up in another thread.

I thought it would be FANTASTIC idea.

A cleaned up version of CT, with errata, hardback, beautifully bound. Maybe a set, with a book of rules (Traveller Book + LBBs 4-8), and a book of adventures (Traveller Adventure + all GDW Adventures and Double Adventures), and a book of supplements (all GDW Supplements). Plus a two or three volume set of JTAS, issues 1-24. Should we include Mayday, Snapshot, AHL, and Striker?

Books fit in a nice, stiff-board case.

Black leather cover--but maybe not solid black this time. Put small white dots on it so that it looks like a starfield from a long distance. Then, the traditional White Lettering with Red Stripe. Silver edged paper. Red ribbon book mark attached. WITH A GOOD INDEX!

I'd pay $150 bucks for the set. Maybe more, if it were really high quality.

Traveller's dream.

I'd love to work on the index for such a book. A year back I got Marc's permission to write an index for TTB, but I've not published it. Since then I've done two Traveller/Cepheus Engine book indexes for Stellagama Publishing.
Let me know if this takes off!
librarian.indexer@gmail.com

Best regards,
Bob W

Back