• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Welcome Lurkers & New folks!

Mr EA Kinser--Thanks for coming in out of the dark! And welcome aboard, if no one has said so yet! I appreciate your words, and their intent. :cool: :cool: :cool:

See the rest of you, you can do it!

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Mr EA Kinser--Thanks for coming in out of the dark!
Well... thank you for the warm welcome Liam however it's unfortunate that the profiles don't have an option for gender as it's Ms. Erin A. Kinser.
LisaGB isn't the only one around. I just figured she had more than enough energy for the rest of us. ;)

Eak

EAK said-"Well... thank you for the warm welcome Liam however it's unfortunate that the profiles don't have an option for gender as it's Ms. Erin A. Kinser.
LisaGB isn't the only one around. I just figured she had more than enough energy for the rest of us.

Eak

True, though if you cruise Who Are We (last page) we do have Ms Shiara Ulanti (check her profile--at her mature age, she's a busy lady too, and a parent, and in the SCA like me, etc etal..Heck lad, I'll be 40 in a matter of weeks.
And you're most welcome.
If I wanted flame and invective I'd be on TML--not my cuppa tea, ya see. Constructive criticism, okay. Dogma--I turn ya off! (No pun intended for anyone with handle with -Vargr- in it!).
Great hearing back so soon.

Now lets do the MJD thing--go out and set fire to something T-20 wise!!!

True, though if you cruise Who Are We (last page) we do have Ms Shiara Ulanti (check her profile--at her mature age, she's a busy lady too, and a parent, and in the SCA like me, etc etal..Heck lad, I'll be 40 in a matter of weeks.
And you're most welcome.
If I wanted flame and invective I'd be on TML--not my cuppa tea, ya see. Constructive criticism, okay. Dogma--I turn ya off! (No pun intended for anyone with handle with -Vargr- in it!).
Great hearing back so soon.
My apologies Liam if I sounded like I was flaming you for calling me Mr. I'm really not very militant about my gender, and I havn't been following the 'Who we Are' thread very much so I'd missed that post.

Eak

P.S. Have you seen Lisa's last post in Lone Star Chat earlier today? We have a lively discussion going on in an MSN chat at the moment and I'd like to see you show up so I can apologise in real time.

EAK posted: "My apologies Liam if I sounded like I was flaming you for calling me Mr. I'm really not very militant about my gender, and I havn't been following the 'Who we Are' thread very much so I'd missed that post.

Eak

P.S. Have you seen Lisa's last post in Lone Star Chat earlier today? We have a lively discussion going on in an MSN chat at the moment and I'd like to see you show up so I can apologise in real time."

Even the vaunted TJ doesnae bother me. (Thats right old stick, we're onto your trick hiding your posted location. So be it!)

As for the msn, Yeppurs, I can give it a go--but its off to work at 10pm CST fer me.

I log back in at work-- its a Hotel mundanely, but the students who come there are all military guys n gals.

45 days ago, I joined this list as Citizen 1087.
That was 300 members ago. I dunno who's been recruiting or saying hey--sign up, but damn you've been working overtime!
Welcome aboard, lurkers, new posting members, and visitors..! T-20 is out, so some of us regulars might be a wee busy this weekend sniffing the "new" off the pages, and breaking in some new gamers (like me).

MJD, HUnter, Bruce, DrSkull, the book looks great.
Hah! thought I was gonna talk forever? Nope.

I'm pleased with it, though...now if me e-mail order arrives today...we can have a game Sat nite...yeah... :D
file_23.gif
file_22.gif

Three days later and 62 more members to the Coti list! 1459 as it stands at this writing. (from 1387 last time). Thats an increase of 20+ a day (up from 5-10). The release of T20, no doubt having its impact.

Lurk, post, but lets have a nice time, shall we?
Civilly, that is... ;)

Hey everyone, welcome in October Midnight, our 1500th registered member!!! :eek:

How's that for growth?!?!
file_21.gif

Bruce
The Man Behind the Curtain

welcome October Midnight! 1500+ now and tickin,
Bruce (we thank the Ancient One of Cheeseburgers for deeming our poor post here with his almighty presence and approval---<think he bought that spiel? Nahhh, better make it higher n deeper>--and we are kicking some serious Tailfeathers!
last time we had 1459 members..three days ago. that was 42 members back...

to quote Jim Carey/ "the mask"

"SSSSSSSSSSSMokin'! SSSSOmebody stop me!"

Moving onwards! Climb aboard...read join in, lurk, peek, but lets have fun out here, shall we?
Yes we shall!

See the rest of you, you can do it![/QB]
Ok - here comes anotherone out of the dark

I am 33 yaers old (though I change to 34 next month) and live in Austria in the middle of Europe
near Vienna. Beeing a native German speaker I have sometimes troubles with correct English vocabulary :rolleyes: but hope that I am understandable none the less. I am the head of the IT department of one of Viennas Technical Universities, married, 1 Son, 3dogs, 1 cat, 6 birds and 6 fishes. Ok that should be enough of my realworld alter ego.
In my little free time despite gaming I also do some F/SF related 3D graphics. (anyone intersted can have a look at a few pics of mine at
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/zone/m/i/mic/mic.html and
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/a/e/ael/ael.html

I play traveller for about 20 years (I started somewhen in th 80ies)and am currently building a setting of my own.
Why? - I am also heavy involved in wargaming (we play GZGs Full Thrust, Dirtside and Stargrunt) and want to have a setting in which we can play everything from massed Fleetbattles (Full Thrust) over Invasions (Full Thrist and Dirtside), big tankbattles (Dirtside) and skirmishes (Stargrunt)down to the adventures of individuals (Traveller). Roleplaying won't be military Campaigns though but should cover the fates of "ordinary" or maybe better non military people who have to find their way through a universe torn apart from war. (The rebellionsetting is to big for us we want something where 4-5 parties can clash but still each of the existing worlds can be worked out in detail - maybe "pocket empires" during the Long Night or TNE - we'll see)
For the rules we use T4. Despite some faults it has fixed the weaknesses in charactergeneration in CT but still retained the easy and elegant rulemechanics which allow players to master a hightech environment even when they have not much technical knowledge or are not interested in it. (In my opinion they work very much like a TV - I just push the button and it runs and don't have to care about what happens inside the box :D )

Anybody still reading? - Wow! Then for the "famous last words": Due to the current Project in my job - The university moves to a new campus in february and the transfer starts now, I am afraid that I won't have the time to come here more than once or twice a week. But if someone really want's to contact me urgently or has a question that can't wait - I have no problem beeing contacted via the mailbutton.

Nice surf to all of you!

All you New Guys - hang on to your Beer Mugs with both hands when Liams around....and your loose change!!!...especially when hes had several BEEP BEEP rounds.....dont know how he picked up THAT bad habit!!!....other wise you can trust em...good guy to have on your side in a nasty fight.....see he dont fight fair either...hehehehehehe
:rolleyes: :eek:

Originally posted by trader jim:
All you New Guys - hang on to your Beer Mugs with both hands when Liams around....and your loose change!!!...especially when hes had several BEEP BEEP rounds.....dont know how he picked up THAT bad habit!!!....other wise you can trust em...good guy to have on your side in a nasty fight.....see he dont fight fair either...hehehehehehe
:D ;)

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by trader jim:
:D ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]It's a mutual Love fest if you newbies get between the Rouge and the Merchant. Just leave you weapons at the door, or with me :cool:
First round is on me!
And Welcome to the Star, Pipe up, have a Pint, Tell your stories.
Or just listen and learn from the wisdom (or failures) of the thousands here.
( Hey Look, I'm being friendly! :D )
( Ok, it's been a good week for the Captian, the last contract went very well! )

Welcome out of the cold, Greymouse! Austria, huh? Nice place! Wow, that was a lot! T-4 man. Kewl...
Well thank's for the warm welcome then

and for "that was a lot" - that's an old problem with me and discussion boards - as I dunno have much time to hang around there, when I post once in a while then I cant shut up anymore
file_23.gif

You're welcome sir. Longwinded? haha! Not you. That'l be me!
Its the content, not the volume that makes yer mark here (though post counting tends to be a hobby with some, must admit.). We're glad you're here when you can! Thanks again fer playing yer part! ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Five days ago we crossed the 1500 mark. Nearly five days later, shortly before midnight last, we stand at 1587 (now 1589 at this writing). Welcome to CoTI! C'mon in, and participate, peep, read, learn something new, but do have fun!

heretically yours,

Originally posted by Kentares:
I found funny that only 2 "newbies" posted in all these posts :D
------------------------------------
And you make three lad! welcome to the boards, if none have said so before! Thanx fer posting! ;) :D

WElcome Earthshadow, member number 1600!!! Oh, and Kentares, and everyone else who signed back in the past six days! If'n ye feel like it, sign in under the post "Who are we?", other wise, carry On!

Unofficial welcome wagon on these boards,
CoTI Local #1087,
heretically yours,

Back