• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Welcome Lurkers & New folks!

November 12th, 2002. We stand at 1742, nearly 70 members Since last time! Welcome Ryno, John Schmidt, Taz, Spank, hodbit, and Seraphim,( and all the ones I missed in between!) to the CoTI boards!

The topics may vary but the fun seldom does. Traveller, in all of its slices & variants. Do drop in and sign the "Who are We?" post. We like to get to know you.

Or lurk to yer heart's content. For those seeking a flame war, this isn't TML...we debate, we're civil, even when we disagree. And we learn from each other!

Thanks fer listening, and gettin aboard!

ye unofficial one-man welcome wagon
rogue, and bounder...

WhooHoo!!!! 1800 members! welcome Thorgarth #1800! 58 more new folks since 12 Nov 2002! Welcome to all of ya'll in between then too!

Well, I guess I have to admit to being a lurker, and one who's been lurking for quite a while now, but one that finally is deciding to ask what seems to be an important and vital question.

What WOULD happen if one were to mix Scout's Brew and Coffee Juice?

With a heretical game cross answer Yer Imperialness..Might I suggest the AdnD potion miscibility chart...YMMV. And Hallo!

Like yer sign.! ;)
:cool:

1838! 38 new members since last accounting two days ago! Welcome new member Liam!!! (are we related? Never mind! Welcome to the boards!)

unofficial (very/ "quite") welcome wagon to CoTI,

Oh lord, I think I remember that chart, and if my memory does serve me as well as I think it does, I do believe that at least one if not both potions effects could become permament. Given the natures of said "potions"...I'm starting to wonder why I haven't had one of my sycophants...err...loyal members of the Moot try such a cocktail earlier! I shall have to have one of those fine nobles try such a mixture, and inform me of the results!
file_21.gif

Well yes...but of course I'd NEVER subject any of my loyal Moot members to such a thing like that! Which is why I keep a nice antacid handy for each one of my toadies..err..food testers..err..nobles handy! You know, something like lye, or perhaps a wonderful pre-spaceflight Solomani product like Draino, something to knock out all the heartburn caused by such caustic mixtures such as a Coffee Juice/Scout's Brew cocktail. Remember, I, Cleon the IV went down in history as a loving caring man. (At least when I could bribe those TAS reporters...but I digress)

Welcoming myself to the Board... been signed on for almost a week... and wishing I had 37-hours in the day to really trawl through the posts around here.

I'm heavily into the Little Black Books at the moment... so expect more from me when I have the time.

A
toast.gif
to Traveller!

Ah, a classic man such as yerself! welcome aboard!
I see TJ has "starred ye already..".Well, here's to getting some of those 37 hrs to trawl about with! Glad to "meet" you (virtually) ;)

Originally posted by Cleon the Mad:
Well yes...but of course I'd NEVER subject any of my loyal Moot members to such a thing like that! Which is why I keep a nice antacid handy for each one of my toadies..err..food testers..err..nobles handy! You know, something like lye, or perhaps a wonderful pre-spaceflight Solomani product like Draino, something to knock out all the heartburn caused by such caustic mixtures such as a Coffee Juice/Scout's Brew cocktail. Remember, I, Cleon the IV went down in history as a loving caring man. (At least when I could bribe those TAS reporters...but I digress)

Why Sir Liam (Yes, I have knighted you, good man!), I thank you for the compliment, but I must ask you what you mean about being "in character"? I can assure you, a gentleman who reside with me in my current residence, one Emperor of France Napoeleon Boneparte himself, can attest to the fact that I am indeed Cleon the IV, Emperor of the Third Imperium, and soon to be conqueror and crowned Grand Illuminated Poobah of the Zhodani Consulate, as soon as I can get those Admirals to get off of their duffs and start a war with them! How many do I have to shoot before they listen to me! :mad:

Oh well, anyway, that short French guy in the straight jacket in the next room over can attest to my titles.
file_21.gif

Thank you, your Impishness! Hmmm "Sir" Liam? Good thing this is postdated (Liam tends to live a bit beyond your era YRM...). That would qualify as a posthumous award, yes...(from beyond the grave Cleon gave future Knighthoods out too...).
Makes fer an interesting tale, I'll admit...Wait till Shaney Llawe hears this at the Scout bar!

The great rush in membership must be because of the T20 rules.

I'd given up on Traveller. I lost interest to a degree with the Rebellion. The Virus really finished the game for me.

GURPS go me interested again - main problem? I'm not a great fan of GURPS. Main advantage - the 'corrected' time-line.

T20 got me hooked.

Egaagaarashirem Aagaagam

HHHMMMNNnnnn....Cleon The Mad....what a load of Crap!!!!....hhhmmmmnnn....I like this guy already......think i buy em a Coffee Juice....got POTential!!!.....
;)

Originally posted by trader jim:
HHHMMMNNnnnn....Cleon The Mad....what a load of Crap!!!!....hhhmmmmnnn....I like this guy already......think i buy em a Coffee Juice....got POTential!!!.....
;)
-------------------------------------------------
AYe, a potential rival!
file_21.gif
;)

Originally posted by trader jim:
;)
Ah, a fine member of the merchantile establishment offering me a wonderful potable concoction! So, now I can ask directly, WHAT does happen when one mixes coffee juice with scout's brew?

Oh, and I think I shall have one of my loyal members of the Moot sip this drink first...funny, I lose more loyal members that way...oh well, just have to promote some more nobles to torture...err...to honor!

Cleon the III (found out there's only 2 others in my timeline...OOPS...I'll have to shoot that Seneschal...have him reanimated, shoot him again, promote him to a barony somewhere, then shoot him again...now where did I put that snub pistol...I'm always misplacing "Charlene"...)

1887 here ... but just because I've been a hermit for a decade or so (as far as the Traveller universe is concerned, at least).

I started playing Traveller in `81 with the original small book basic set that I discovered at the base exchange. We were developing and expanding long before expansion sets became available. As a matter of fact, most expansion books were purchased out of curiousity. Our group and adventures resembled "Firefly" for the most part, with little sentient alien presense (and what little ofthat was usually single adventure encounters where the players were glad to leave that (those) alien(s) behind. We mapped out own sectors, created our own planets, designed our own ships, developed our own ship to ship combat rules, only used miniature and map visual aids when it was necessary to have visual props to get the picture.

It was a fun time where most often we spent a weekend playing part of an adventure and drinking beer and eating pizza.

Anyhow ... it's good to discover an active forum and active groups online. I always figured there'd be a migration here (made sense) but never really looked around for it (being that I got rid of all of my rpg materials when I stopped being single over a decade ago).

Nicetameetcha! :D

Back