• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Welcome Lurkers & New folks!

Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
Of course, in our flame-ups, we have these giant ducks with flat feet to put em out. ;) Then their's these elephants we have (shh dinnae wake em up) to put out burning ducks!
file_22.gif
file_21.gif

my family has scoured the imperium for a sighting of those legendary oily feathered firefighters for generations . now you tell me they were here all along . is it really true about the elephants too? :confused:
Yep, seems they were, Hirch. As for the elephants stompin out the burning ducks, all we ever see of them is where they've been. Being grey and all, they're darn near invisible( like chirpers), but they do tend to leave tracks about (marked by smashed once burning, now extinguished ducks). ;)

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
Of course, in our flame-ups, we have these giant ducks with flat feet to put em out. ;) Then their's these elephants we have (shh dinnae wake em up) to put out burning ducks!
file_22.gif
file_21.gif

my family has scoured the imperium for a sighting of those legendary oily feathered firefighters for generations . now you tell me they were here all along . is it really true about the elephants too? :confused:
Yep, seems they were, Hirch. As for the elephants stompin out the burning ducks, all we ever see of them is where they've been. Being grey and all, they're darn near invisible( like chirpers), but they do tend to leave tracks about (marked by smashed once burning, now extinguished ducks). ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]ancient duck-lore which is passed on from parent to first born suggests that the ephemeral undercover chirper-elephants do not discriminate between fire-ducks and other types . this makes the aquisition of rare breeds for the collectors market much more difficult and stressfull . gave my father his first heart attack , those pesky elephants . glad i got out of the trade .

Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
file_22.gif
file_21.gif

</font>[/QUOTE]ancient duck-lore which is passed on from parent to first born suggests that the ephemeral undercover chirper-elephants do not discriminate between fire-ducks and other types . this makes the aquisition of rare breeds for the collectors market much more difficult and stressfull . gave my father his first heart attack , those pesky elephants . glad i got out of the trade .
</font>[/QUOTE]thinking about it ; those ancients had some weird designs . still , at least the elephants are useful . unlike those irritating doggies .

Hirchduckfinder sez..
thinking about it ; those ancients had some weird designs . still , at least the elephants are useful . unlike those irritating doggies .

"Hmmm, like givin em opposing thumbs, eh what?"__Baron Saarthuran von Gushiddan/ ISS Coreward Axis, Noble ⬛⬛⬛⬛ at large, and burden to the crew of ISS URSULA.

Ye ain't the only one wondering over that sharp eyed move Grandfather's kiddies made!

Well, as a former refugee from the TML from several years ago, it's bee quite a while since I have been in the Traveller scene. I am getting interested again and I like what I see, so far.

I got into Traveller back in 1980. I just had the little black box with the three classic books. I was the first one on my block to get MegaTraveller in '87 and the first one to get TNE in '92.

after GDW went bye-bye, I waited to see what would happen. I was suprised to see it.

I never picked up T4. I saw it and didn't need it. I had MT already, but stuck with TNE. I joined TML around that time. Boy, was I scorched for my TNE preference. Most of those buttheads didn't treat me like a real Traveller player-regardless of my past experience. The most interesting thing of all, however, was that I found out that most of the people on TML no longer actually PLAYED the game!! They just talked about it, they didn't do. Playing games was for those young whipper-snappers who they didn't want near their prescious game-new players mean new ideas. They must be removed.

Oh, well, I left them quite a few years ago and forgot about playing traveller as I had no new players.

Enter D20.

I have played several D20 games and found players. Once I have found out that there was a new D20 version of Traveller, I ordered it from my favorite game store - waiting for it anytime, now.

I plan to use the TNE timeline with the rules (I have no problem with it) and I have got quite a few people interested. I hope that it goes well. I also hope that COTI remains a good place to hang out.

Grendel T Troll, welcome back out of the cold! This ain't TML as ye may have guessed! Cead Maile fealte! (a Hundred thousand welcomes!)

unofficial one-man welcome wagon to CoTI,
the rest will greet ya soon enough!

OOPS!!! 'sorry fer bein late! We crossed 2600 members yesterday, and stand at 2606 in the past 15 days, thats 106 new members! Welcomes to as well:
2600- Shay Hansen/ 2601 Shain edge/ 2602 Ukiem Sark/ 2603 Sol Supporter/ 2604 Sol pniering/ & 2606, wjbishop!.

unofficial welcome wagon to CoTI,
heretically yours,

Now, I've been a member for a while now, and I still occasionally lurk without signing in. What do I get?

Just a quick Hullo to the board. Been lurking for a bit and been a Traveller player for many years. It was actually the first RPG I ever played. Back in 1981. Glad to see the T20 rules come out. I ran two of the mini adventures from the linkworlds PDF this last weekend and the folks I ran through it enjoyed themselves a great deal. This was their first Traveller experiance.

Keep up the good work here. See you all around.

Jame writes:
Now, I've been a member for a while now, and I still occasionally lurk without signing in. What do I get?
Ah, doing that Guest thing. You get to stomp around, ask people where the towels are at, how come there's no room service, etc. Its a hoot!

Dear Folks -

Originally posted by plop101:
Jame writes:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Now, I've been a member for a while now, and I still occasionally lurk without signing in. What do I get?
Ah, doing that Guest thing. You get to stomp around, ask people where the towels are at, how come there's no room service, etc. Its a hoot! </font>[/QUOTE]Hi Dan! (I assume it's Dan!) So how do you get to have Soc-12 and a 4-star rating? ;)

The Great Master David "Hyphen" Jaques-Watson writes:
Hi Dan! (I assume it's Dan!)
Drat! I've been found out. Yes, it is I, the Daninator.

So how do you get to have Soc-12 and a 4-star rating? ;)
Elmer Fudd mode/
Vewy Vewy carefuwwy, hehehehehehe.
E.Fudd mode off/

Getting the Soc rating is easy. Just post tons of stuff onto COTI [hopefully revelevant Traveller stuff]. As for the Four star rating, I dunno, that must have just happened, cause I was at a three star rating for a while. I guess somebody likes my posts, which shows that there is no accounting for taste.
file_22.gif

I don't mind the lack of service, "Dan," if that is your real name! :D Just don't mind my complaining, and I'll take what I want and allow for repayment if necessary.

You bring two very important things here - yourself, and your fun-to-spell-and-shoot organization, K.L.I.T.H.O.R.I.S! But if you can't think of anything to say, than GET OUT!
file_23.gif

Back