• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Welcome Lurkers & New folks!

Hello Mr. Devlin! (Now I have an image of Elliot Gould in a space suit ... only more like his M*A*S*H persona). Thanks for the welcome. I notice the bar's filling fast, I better claim a chair or stool before it's too late.

Whoo Hoo, 100 new members in six days (seven now by my posting!) YUS!!!
November 18th, we stood at 1800, on the 24th November now at 1900, and now 1901 with Jonesboy from Austrailia! Welcome aboard all of you since we last took measure!
Old travellers, and new ones!

from the unofficial one man welcome wagon & friends, to CoTI.

Welcome Fridge, #2000! Whoo Hoo! been 12 dys but we crossed the line at last! Ya'll look about and have fun now, ya hear?ANd necron 34,(#1999) and all the rest who've joined over the thanksgiving holidays!

unofficial CoTI one man welcome wagon,

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Welcome Fridge, #2000! Whoo Hoo! been 12 dys but we crossed the line at last! Ya'll look about and have fun now, ya hear?ANd necron 34,(#1999) and all the rest who've joined over the thanksgiving holidays!

unofficial CoTI one man welcome wagon,
How did I miss us crossing the 200th member line.
Oh that's right I been drinking too much again (pressures of command and what not) {or RL funerals starting to take it's toll} For whom the bell tolls.... some one shoot that raven!!!
WOW< 2032 now! Well welcome everyone from ME

Originally posted by Capt. Blacklight:
How did I miss us crossing the 200th member line?
-------------------------------------------------
As easily as many a thing I've missed since i arrived at BNCOC school! ;) Including using the computer (yes, hacked in again!), but then, this even's "homework is done".
--------------------------------------------------

Oh that's right I been drinking too much again (pressures of command and what not) {or RL funerals starting to take it's toll} For whom the bell tolls.... some one shoot that raven!!!
WOW< 2032 now! Well welcome everyone from ME
--------------------------------------------------
Yeah, and I miss you guys out here too!(alas, no alcohol-save some for me!)

Liam

Been 30 days, and we've crossed the 2300 line! welcome all of you new folks! Thats an avg of 10 per day ! and still growing!! C'mon in...and have fun!

unofficial one-man welcome wagon to CoTI,

Liam, our morale and social officer will soon be posting the tables for shuffleboard and dominoes

Hi, Liam :))

Cheers
Richard

Originally posted by RichardP:
Liam, our morale and social officer will soon be posting the tables for shuffleboard and dominoes!

Heretical Hiyas back, Richard P!

Welcome 2404, Emptiedboat! Howdy shipbuilder!& 2405, paul! Nice to have ye here!
heretically yours,
(and banned from tne-list)

Greetings, fellow humanoids, K'Kree, and Hivers! I'm another BAT (Born Again Traveller)--lost interest when the Rebellion happened, started to get better when GURPS: TRAVELLER came out (but wasn't actively gaming at that point) and now am looking to get back fully with T20. Still need to get the full T20 book (next payday!) but was quite impressed by the light book. You'll hear from me again!

Originally posted by Stardrake:
Greetings, fellow humanoids, K'Kree, and Hivers! I'm another BAT (Born Again Traveller)--lost interest when the Rebellion happened, started to get better when GURPS: TRAVELLER came out (but wasn't actively gaming at that point) and now am looking to get back fully with T20. Still need to get the full T20 book (next payday!) but was quite impressed by the light book. You'll hear from me again!

heretically yours,

12 days ago we stood at 2400, today, we cross the 2500 mark! Welcome to CoTI, Timothy Pricer!(2500), Cleash(2499),Cosborne(2497) SolomnonKane2 (2498), and Calvin Jones 2496!) thats just 5 in today!!!

And welcome to the TML refugees from the Flame wars! Cool yer heels and shake off the soot, ye'll find we're a better behaved crowd than their. Ya'll be right at home, so let the mice surf, and read away!

Unofficial, unpaid one man welcome wagon to CoTI,

I'm feeling Lurkey :cool:

Liam writes:
And welcome to the TML refugees from the Flame wars!
Just beware, TML refugees, that Flame wars exist everywhere, and tend to pop up when you least expect it, or want it.

And thats one of many reasons to feel Lurkey
file_22.gif

Originally posted by plop101:

Just beware, TML refugees, that Flame wars exist everywhere, and tend to pop up when you least expect it, or want it.

file_22.gif
...Or ye can Lurk, like Plop101 sez. Of course, in our flame-ups, we have these giant ducks with flat feet to put em out. ;) Then their's these elephants we have (shh dinnae wake em up) to put out burning ducks!
file_22.gif
file_21.gif

Welcome anyways, whatever yer seeking, and however ye seek it!

Originally posted by plop101:

Liam writes:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />And welcome to the TML refugees from the Flame wars!

file_22.gif
</font>[/QUOTE][joking]
I guess there could be a market for Traveller branded Asbestos Underpants... as for the price, would depend on which TL they were manufactured :D
[/joking]

Been a long time since I've been on boards where there is so many technical persons. Be it here or on the TML (not *that* bad, I've seen much worse) Traveller folks are rather civilized.

Being rather new to Traveller (only discovered it a month ago) I'm really not disapointed from what I see, even if there's the occasional CT vs GT fight. Hell.. I began my Internet Life on an Amiga, and we were... hum.. zealots ;)

Just want to say how pleasant-mannered and helpful I'm finding the folks who frequent this forum. I've hardly seen any snippiness and there's a refreshing lack of numpties posting.

Luck and thanks for the welcome
R

Originally posted by womble:
Just want to say how pleasant-mannered and helpful I'm finding the folks who frequent this forum. I've hardly seen any snippiness and there's a refreshing lack of numpties posting.

Luck and thanks for the welcome
R

Any flames are not only put out by the ducks, but by those responsible. Plus we have more jesting than flames.

Welcome to all, and have fun!

Of course, in our flame-ups, we have these giant ducks with flat feet to put em out. ;) Then their's these elephants we have (shh dinnae wake em up) to put out burning ducks!
file_22.gif
file_21.gif

my family has scoured the imperium for a sighting of those legendary oily feathered firefighters for generations . now you tell me they were here all along . is it really true about the elephants too? :confused:

Back