• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Battle Dress Designs, anyone?

And I'm still trying to figure out how the Zhodani keep thier combat armor down to only 4kg and BD at only 20kg.

GURPS Traveller has them at 36+ lbs and ~275 lbs (both empty).
Actually the Zhodani Guards BD is 8.5 lbs heavier.

Also in GURPS, Zhodani equipment can incorporate a "Psibernetic
Web" which are special circuits that enable the teleport to not
count the weight of the item (that has the web built in) when they
Autoteleport (teleport self in other RPG terms). This is extremely
handy as GURPS Teleportation can be limited severely by weight.
Psibernetic Webs add to the cost and must be around TTL 13 or 14
I think.

I was putting together a Zhodani adventure and decided on one
of the characters being a Teleporter who didn't make the Commandos
(not being the right height -- ahem!) so the Tavrchedl snapped him up.
He had webs built into his Reflex Armor (like an advanced form of
Combat Environment Suit but vacc-capable) his weapons and at
least one briefcase/bag. This way he could perform 'ports to carry
things other than weapons and not have to walk around in BD.
Reflex armor looks like a vacc or worksuit and isn't as obvious
still granting close to combat armor protection.

The idea was the group was working in the Far Frontiers during
the era of Zhodani Expansion and undercover as a Zho Mega Corp
doing planetary surveys and research while reporting to the
Consulate on the sly.

>

I don't think the Imperium is evil, but it has to have a certain willingness to be ruthless and exercise absolute and final power if it wants to maintain it's Empire as without having constantly have it's borders and inner clusters nibbled away by unrest and other problems generating by having to try to control such a large area given the speed of communication.

People who know it's going to take 6 months or more before the Navy ever gets to where they are rebelling, if in fact it even reacts that fast what with politicking and other things slowing down more might decide to step back in line if they know that when the Navy and Marines do arrive they might just level the place and pack the survivors off to labor camps as an example to other rebel worlds.

I'd be willing to bet The Prince is required bedside reading for all the Emperors, and if they didn't read and apply it they probably weren't Emperor long.

GURPS Traveller has them at 36+ lbs and ~275 lbs (both empty).
Actually the Zhodani Guards BD is 8.5 lbs heavier.

Also in GURPS, Zhodani equipment can incorporate a "Psibernetic
Web" which are special circuits that enable the teleport to not
count the weight of the item (that has the web built in) when they
Autoteleport (teleport self in other RPG terms). This is extremely
handy as GURPS Teleportation can be limited severely by weight.
Psibernetic Webs add to the cost and must be around TTL 13 or 14
I think.

>

That sounds more reasonable. I was reading the stats on the suits in the CT Aliens module on the Zhodani and was wondering what those suits were made of to be so light and as good as the Empire's stuff, especially since the Zhodani are at a lower TL.

The power armour IMTU is similar to some others here. Extensive squad shared sensor and intellignce systems, as today all network-centric. Each suit has a couple features, Full opti-flage, integral trauma capability, nueral control systems(already covered here), several small sensor remotes, grav belt, Decoys(2), and a grav weapon's drone slaved to each suit, and/or the whole squad. These can mount almost anything, including a small powerplant just for recharging other systems.

A point defence system which I haven't detailed, may well yoink a couple ideas here for that. Close in weapons include powered blades, and a few short range, high yield, or high rof weapons, depending on the expected enemy.

I have Living Steel, and Dragonstar Rising, as well as several of the supplements. I have toyed with the idea of a Nemis Corporation type, outside the imperium, arms dealer. "Why does our rubber bullet have a 22mm steel core? Because we care."

Their power armour suit is comical and somewhat believable for radicals. Amoung it features are very heavy armour on the front, quite light in the back, encourages your troops to carry the attack no matter the odds. Includes a small loyalty bomb...... If the trooper is injured and incapacitated, the suit flips them onto thier back and deploys wheels to make it easier to recover your assets, the suits aren't cheap. If the suit is disabled, it Deploys a largish Ballistic ballon to conceal where the operator is as he exits the suit and takes up the back mounted ACR equivalent, remember the loyalty charge? Anyho, it plays loud Nemis themed music then pops, unleashing your trooper back into the fight, the suit then flips over and deploys its wheels, 'cause its valuble.

Includes a small loyalty bomb......

:rofl:

Reminds me a an idea I had for implanting GPS-linked TASER implants into child predators. Too close to a school? Zap! Zap!, while a beacon goes off to notify police where to pick up the twitching pervert, while a screamer cuffed to his wrist alerts children to stay back till the cops arrive.

Loyalty bomb! :rofl:

"Gosh sir, do you really think a full frontal assault across open ground against automatic laser bunkers and nuclear land mines is a good idea?"

Officer raises Loyalty Bomb trigger box and caresses the big glowing red button with and evil grin.

"Yes sir! Right away sir! Finest strategy since Alexander the Great, yup, off we go!!!"

Striker also doesn't cover fallout, secondary radiation, nor incidental fallout effects, Icos. Let alone the massive increases in cancer/lukemia rates.

No, that's left for one of the Travellers' Digests.

Striker just says to clean it all up with a couple of nuclear dampers.

"Nuke-A-Way!" (as Mork would say). ;)

Back