• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Duchies of the Spinward Marches Sector

I'm working on writing up short bios for all of the Dukes and a few lesser lights (Contessa General Sir Aia, above, probably Marquis Leonard Bolden-Tukera of Aramis, maybe a few other Counts and Marquises). Looking at the extremely brief information on Duke Leonard, what do we think his career path was? I put Aia as an Imperial Marine (because that's badass), and we know Norris was Naval Intelligence. I think of Delphine as straight Aristocrat, possibly some Merchant. Leonard is a mystery -- he actively worked on the defense of the subsector, so maybe Navy? Other than his avid bicycling, I'm not sure we have a lot of details to give any firm impressions...

Many noble's do a brief stint in the Navy as Officers when they are young prior to taking up a substantive government position as preparation for leadership.

Since the Contessa was a "General", it is more probable that she was Imperial Army, as the rank of Brigadier and appointment of Brigadier General are more applicable to the Marine establishment (though General or Marshal appointments are certainly not impossible, especially during wartime deployments).

Back