• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New Patent of Nobility

total years of service?
Anyway here you go
1_Screen_Shot_2015-10-14_at_12.38.13_AM.png

Oooo, now those I like :)

Ribbon-wise, on the uniform after the war, I'd imagine this would be present: MCG, FFW Medal with Clasps "Regina", Jenghe", and "Extolay", Wound Badge, Command Ribbon, plus any qual badges, LS&GC gongs, and so on :)

Thoughts?

I can do badges... ( and yes we need stinking badges!!!!)

Bloo, I've just assumed I got Glisten some 15 years or so after you got it.

How would you prefer to handle it, one of us fail a scheme to become a sector duke and are now exiled?

I will (again) point out that, if the imperial Symbol is without color for reasons of interspecies equality, the awards are likely to be as well.

Perhaps, like certain european orders, not even having a suspension ribbon, just a pin-on device.

I will (again) point out that, if the imperial Symbol is without color for reasons of interspecies equality, the awards are likely to be as well.

Perhaps, like certain european orders, not even having a suspension ribbon, just a pin-on device.

ISTR that the SEH, by way of example, comes in several colours, dependant upon arm of service...

*a minute surfing the web later*

Ah, here we go (in relation to the colours of the jewels making up the sunburst of the award)...

"The Imperial Interstellar Scout Service is red; the Imperial Navy, yellow; the Imperial Army, black; and the Imperial Marines, maroon." ~ http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Starburst_for_Extreme_Heroism

I'd imagine LS gongs might employ a similar theme, or maybe even rainbow those colours on any ribbon device for a uniform Imperial Service-wide award.

Regarding the shape of the awards and honours, I think that's a concession to interspecies equality, while retaining the traditional Human virtues of colour and 'sparkliness' of said gongs :)

I can do badges... ( and yes we need stinking badges!!!!)

Heh, Ooooh, yeah, sounds good :)

total years of service?
Anyway here you go
1_Screen_Shot_2015-10-14_at_12.38.13_AM.png

Oooooo, shiney[i/] ;) Many thanks :D

I'll reckon this on my own reserve service in the RMP(v); I was promoted L/Cpl once I completed training, nine months after joining; I got to Cpl after three years; the normal peacetime progression after that is normally three-to-four years after a promotion, you'll be looking to take the next step up the ladder. In times of conflict, this changes rather radically in most arms of service, of course.

Regarding LS Gongs, We only got them for 10 year multiples; this said, prior to LS gongs, there were service stripes on battledress uniforms and their forerunners, so I'd imagine it'd seem to be a good bet that Imperial Long Service gongs would be in increments of 5 years.

Also, while I think about it, the wiki referenced LBB#4 (Mercenary), which makes mention of each Domain having a two-colour ribbon for campaign medals...

"A Campaign Ribbon is granted by a Sector or Domain Command for service in a campaign. Every Sector Command has a unique two-color ribbon and each Domain Command has a unique colored ribbon. The campaign designation (e.g. "Abyss Campaign") and any unit battle honors (e.g. "Gram") are signified as engraved bar clasps worn on the ribbon." ~ http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Combat_Service_Ribbon

I cannot find a list of those colours, however. Ideas?

Last edited:
I tweaked it with a campaign Medal which you add clasps and I say a command star for 'combat commands'.

Otherwise the characters will look like 'mexican generals' with a fruit salad on their chest.

I tweaked it with a campaign Medal which you add clasps and I say a command star for 'combat commands'.

Otherwise the characters will look like 'mexican generals' with a fruit salad on their chest.

heh. Many are the times that I've looked at someone's chest confetti (a term I prefer over fruit salad!), and mentally come out with "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! Yeehaw!" in Speedy Gonzales voice ;)

I noticed the star, and figured that one out, thanks :) As to the campaign medal w/clasps, yeah, that's how we do it too in the real world - the General Service Medal (now the Operational Service Medal) was awarded with a clasps for the first issue, and additional clasps for different campaigns down the line; the OSM is different, in that a different ribbon is now issued per campaign, so that servicemen have more on their chest confetti, to attain parity with other countries, after well over a century of looking like they might have done very little in their careers. Ho-hum. *shrug* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_awards_and_decorations_of_the_United_Kingdom

I prefer the clasp system, myself. Subtle, understated, and only fully apparent when in formal uniform with gongs hanging, such as No1 or No2 dress (ultra formals and 'the suit').

Many thanks for the graphics, btw - VERY nice :D

Last edited:
Redcap... I am mixing the French style and Commonwealth Style of honors and awards... the Commendation stars on the DSM is for peacetime achievement or non-combatant meritorious service.

I think like the USN command insignia something like a star within a wreath wold make a good command insignia?

Redcap... I am mixing the French style and Commonwealth Style of honors and awards... the Commendation stars on the DSM is for peacetime achievement or non-combatant meritorious service.

I think like the USN command insignia something like a star within a wreath wold make a good command insignia?

Hmm. The book I referenced above mentioned a combat command ribbon; I'd imagine that would be in a ribbon the colour of the service branch (Army being black), with the star or whatever hanging beneath for formal wear, combat or working dress would probably be a more subdued and slightly smaller representation of the badge or insignia over one's badges of rank. I like the idea of a two-stage badge, peacetime commands without the wreath, combat commands with the wreath, with the combat one having precedence (you only wear one of them, not both).

Thoughts?

Just got an SEH with Diamonds for Extreme Heroism — The Final Victory at Emerald card myself.

I've not seen any canonical ones. I've always envisaged the 3I awards themselves as being essentially monochrome - specifically because the article about the Imperial flag mentions that the insignia is itself not colored.

Hi,

I have received a MCG for the Pursuits at Alell. Is there any canon on this?
(I have a mental image of my light cruiser covering the withdrawal of the Imperium forces before the Zhodani onslaught, but reading te posts most people seem to be assuming ground battles?)

Second there was a yellow card saying this ranks just under a knight, did you receive a card for your SEH and if so how high does it rank?

Many thanks

David

Hi,

I have received a MCG for the Pursuits at Alell. Is there any canon on this?
(I have a mental image of my light cruiser covering the withdrawal of the Imperium forces before the Zhodani onslaught, but reading te posts most people seem to be assuming ground battles?)

Second there was a yellow card saying this ranks just under a knight, did you receive a card for your SEH and if so how high does it rank?

Many thanks

David

There is a throwaway reference somewhere that an SEH usually is accompanied with a knighthood.
Technically, the awards rank
Noble Title (any)
SEH w/Diamonds
SEH
MCG
MCUF

I, personally, consider this equivalent to
SEH w/Diamonds = US MoH or UK Victoria Cross
SEH = US Dist. Service Cross or Navy Cross
MCG = Silver Star
MCUF = Bronze Star with Valor Device

MCG = Silver Star

When did the SEH with Diamonds come about ... ?

There is a throwaway reference somewhere that an SEH usually is accompanied with a knighthood.
Technically, the awards rank
Noble Title (any)
SEH w/Diamonds
SEH
MCG
MCUF

MCG = Silver Star

Thanks, I'm pretty sure a VC is considered equivalent to an order of knighthood, probably the CBE

Kind Regards

David

Well, here's interesting, received in the jump mail this morning along with the CT CD-ROM were:
T5 6-sided Die,
a CrImp 25 coin, and...
Patent of Nobility card creating me a Knight Of Deneb for Reft 3030 Rampart A434200-F :D

Nice :D

Thanks Marc :D

Only thing outstanding in the Jump Mail is the PoN for the Moot... guess it missed the last x-boat, so I'll have to wait for the next arrival ;)

Would someone kindly stick a size 12 armoured boot up the Imperial Research Agency to get FTL comms fixed? ;)

but probably quite important to a Vilani bureaucrat if they ever meet socially

Regards

David

that is why the Vilani bureaucracy has a whole lot of civilian award...we never heard of (an errata is needed in the Bureaucrat Reward :D )

If you want reference to mixed award, the french Légion d'honneur is a beter example then the VC or CBE. It is given for courage in action(as a VC), military valor (the brit do not give VC to generals that got couragous soldiers, effective butchers could get the Légion d'honner), or been a top singer. Sir Paul did not got a VC.

have fun

Selandia

Back