• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Signal GK

First 2 are virtually done - just need to recreate a couple of maps. Issue 3 is in early phase.

Keep you posted.

Leighton

Thanks, leighton,

I'm eagerly looking forward to picking these up when they become available. If you need any help with anything, please let us know. There's a lot of talent here that you could leverage.

With Regards,
Flynn

Can you put me down too please.

I have in my hands atteh moment mint copies of issues 1,2,3,6 and 7, and would dealy love to have the others to complete my nostalgia collection...that and the fact we are starting to run CT again!!!

Nice to see everyone is still around.

As Kafka started this post I've sent him a draft of the first issue. I'm off to the US next week on business (and a bit of fun) so it'll be the end of July before I'll be completing issue 3.

The plan is to put them altogether on one CD, each issue will contain any supplements but excluding the library data which I plan to compile into one document. Hopefully I can do the same for the Gushemege library data although that is nowhere as complete.

What I could do with is any fully-fledge or budding artists to supply some additional illo's or update some original maps. Any offer of help would be gratefully accepted.

Anyone who has any of the originals could help me in some preliminary editing of the later issues. I have virtually everything in Microsoft Word format, so if there are those out there who are still willing to volunteer then please send me a message and I'll get back to you individually at the end of July.

When I started this I didn't appreciate how long this was going to take - I knew Jae Campbell put in a lot of work with the original publications but the respect has grown. What with balancing a family life .....

Again, if anyone knows the whereabouts of any of the original contributors could I ask they contact me through this board?

Thanks, Leighton

PS

I will go through this post and contact all those who said they were interested in receiving acopy and contact you.

Then again, it'll probably be easier if I post my e-mail address and you contact me:

leighton dot piper at virgin dot net

I'm back from my sojourn in Arizona and will be starting again on editing later this week when my body clock is back running on GMT!

If in the meantime if anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

Leighton

I spent 9 days (or thereabouts) in Scottsdale. An annual thing is my trip to Arizona, a conference I attend and present - all work related (laboratory/hospital/healthcare software). This last 3 years I've been in Scottsdale and the previous 2 years in Tucson. I'm scheduled to go back again next year.

Anyway, I'll be back to editing from today/this evening. Has anyone out there have an artictic bent? I could still do with some maps, etc?

Leighton

I could do with updated world maps based on the original sketches in the magazine. If anyone has a good hand or eye (or can get their computer to do them) I would be most grateful.

I could also do with some updated sketches and diagrams. Those interested I will send copies of the original and see if you could improve them.

Leighton

Dear All,

I've decided to add the Library Data and War Zone info (care of Stuart Machin) for each issue as they appeared, rather than simply wait to construct a Dag Encyclopaedia. I will do this, but after the Signal-GK issues are complete, and it will be expanded, containing entries beyond those found in the supplements.

Also, the first issue will contain some Rebellion and Sector Developments noted by Duncan Law-Green. I'm note sure whether these were originally HIWG docs or were given as supplements with Signal-GK early issues or both, but I thought they would make a little interesting reading. You could see how the sector was developing.

I'm know updating the first issues to contain this info.

Leighton

Dear All,

It's been a long time since I put anything out on this forum about the plan to re-release the Signal-GK fanzine in PDF format. There have been a number of reasons which I won't bore you with, but to a certain degree I got caught up with some other things (not just gaming) and lost focus, and to a certain degree interest. I haven't forgotten it.

I have the first three issues complete - as complete as I can make them. One area I have been failing and finding frustrating is in the graphics/art area where the nature of the originals I have make some of the images of not very good quality (I'm talking about the reproduction quality not the artistic talent of those involved). Some I have been able to replace (some simple map stuff) but others I've had to just try the best I could. I'm not an artist.

To the point of the post: how is it best to distribute these 3 issues to those interested? Could they be put on this site? Do people want to send me an e-mail address to send them to? Or do people have an alternative? If someone else has a site that could host these files then any offers would be most welcome.

Also I would like some feedback on the quality of the production, given the limited resources (I am not a professional), and an honest assessment of the articles, etc. given the age of the items. Please try to be constructive, but all criticism will be accepted!

Again, apologies to a number of you out there who have been expecting something for a while.

Please give me your thoughts.

Leighton

Drop me a private message: I'm paying for web hosting anyway, and don't go anywhere near my (multiple GB) transfer per month cap so I'm sure that we could park them for you to facilitate download.

Putting access security on them gets a bit more problematic, but if all you're looking for is somewhere to park the files so that they're accessible this is a trivial operation...

You may want to chat with folks on This thread (including Scarecrow and Mickazoid) about graphic art touch up options...

Scott Martin

Despite the fact that I'm hosting it, I've been to busy to actually read it, past my look-over for the layout (which you corrected)

My brief skim of #1 was very favorable, with a lot of the "look and feel" of the original LBB supplements: was the art from the same folks as illustrated the LBB's, or just in the same style?

Scott Martin

P.S. I will include the "mailto" soon, I haven't had a chance to update the site in the last month or so due to work pressures...

<EDIT>
HTTP traffic last month: 30 MB
HTTP Traffic this month: 500 MB
Since Signal GK is one of the larger files available for HTTP "viewing" I'd be guessing that this is a reasonable benchmark of popularity ;)
</EDIT>

Back