• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Soc - 12

garf - i knew it was some lowlife wannabe noble!!!
some one who would post a buch of cra... just to up his score - someone who just might follow in rabidvargr paw steps!!!! O well such is life!!!
:D ;)
:cool: :rolleyes:

BUT thanx for admitting it - you have cast iron
kahones (spelling)????

Even a long fur coat can't make a nobel out of a dog. It takes work, work, work, and a hell of a lot of postings.

--------------------------------
In the end, Murphy will rule

Originally posted by vegascat:
Even a long fur coat can't make a --nobel-- (emphasis Garf's) out of a dog. It takes work, work, work, and a hell of a lot of postings.
Or a briliant scientific discovery?

oh and Trader Jim, I -think- it's spelled, 'Cojones' (just like Hey-zues, is spelled Jesus)

Myself I prefer 'Chutzpa' (sp?)

but no, it's simply a case of not wanting to be a backstabbing hypocrite. If I have a problem with somone I like to tell them to their face. If I'm wrong about something I feel bad unless I admit it at least as loudly as I shouted my error.

BTW. My pique at you that one day notwithstanding, you sound like a interesting person with something worthwile to say. The only caveat I would offer is that taking the time to think about how the other person will react to the ... style... of your message may ensure better transfer of the substance. Although I can understand the need just to be a smartass from time to time too. It's just that ...
PEACE is something I PRIZE?

(lame.. but.. ohwell. had to segue into my opening comment somehow.)

Anyway back on topic. Hunter are these things worked out yet to get the extra titles etc for people who do the writing and such?

Originally posted by Ben W Bell:
Anyway back on topic. Hunter are these things worked out yet to get the extra titles etc for people who do the writing and such?
Actually Martin and I were just talking about this yesterday. I am going to work on some ideas and coding tonight.

Hunter

Hunter,

Perhaps every time somebody attains the lofty rank of the Ancients (tm) deciding they should have a title, the other titled people should come up with a title they think fits that particular person... Amusing ones preferably...

Shane

Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
Hunter,

Perhaps every time somebody attains the lofty rank of the Ancients (tm) deciding they should have a title, the other titled people should come up with a title they think fits that particular person... Amusing ones preferably...
Shane, don't you just think your asking for trouble making comments like that? ;) Some of us have known you too long to let it slip if Hunter/MJD do decide on allowing titles! ;)

All in all though... I'm for it.

Grahame

Yay, I'm in the club. Now I'm ... let's see now. Crud. Soc 12 and I'm still only an educated professional. Dang, that's what I am in real life. What's the role playing in that? Maybe I'm a vargr educated professional. Arf. A vargr dentist.

Originally posted by Mythmere:
Yay, I'm in the club. Now I'm ... let's see now. Crud. Soc 12 and I'm still only an educated professional. Dang, that's what I am in real life. What's the role playing in that? Maybe I'm a vargr educated professional. Arf. A vargr dentist.
Don't feel too bad. I've been here since darn close to the begining and I'm still only soc-12.

And being a Vargr dentist can't be all bad. Just think of the implications for charisma inherent in performing a really over the edge and stylish root canal.

And I'm kinda amazed that this little thread of mine is still coming back. Most threads I start vanish within a 3 day weekend but not this plucky little trooper. Sure it's only 4 pages but they're quality pages briming over with excitement.

To get a thread to stick around, you have to have an idea that will piss off some of us, while making the rest of us laugh. That must be the reason TJ hasn't been burned at the electronic stake.
toast.gif

To get a thread to stick around, you have to have an idea that will piss off some of us, while making the rest of us laugh. That must be the reason TJ hasn't been burned at the electronic stake.
toast.gif
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Or provokes INTELLIGENT discussion, thought, etc..which might discount a high percentage of a certain poster hereabouts. :eek: But yes, the amusing ,and and Heated topics work too.

just weighing in..
;)

You can always make a point, but leave out an obvious statement. There will always be someone who will hop in with a reply, as in above.

You can always make a point, but leave out an obvious statement. There will always be someone who will hop in with a reply, as in above.
I usually just post what seems to need to be said and leave it at that. About the only thing I'm pasionate enough about to post heavilly on is CT rules and for the most part those kinds of posts are either 1) wrong - in which case I post a quick retraction or 2) right - in which case nobody feels the need to argue with me.

It's a hard and lonely life being a scholar.

:D

Back