• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Soc - 12

Originally posted by Jame:
I'm also one who meets the "rabid poster" description, though I do it in my limited free time. Why I do it is another story, which I'm not about to tell. I've contributed two short adventures to MJD's forthcoming Gateway TA (though it may never be published), so what does that do for/to me?
Ok I really don't want to get into this any deeper but I just say what I see.

I personally don't have any problem with people post - be it just to a forum such as Random Static or if they post contributions (be it OTU or IMTU). I just don't understand the whole SOC-12, star rating "need" syndrome - I read/post to the CoTI boards for good ideas and (mostly) good discussion. Thats all.

Perhaps someone could explain why they feel they need a SOC-12/5 Star rating to me, but that may be asking for more trouble than it's worth. :)

Oh wait, don't get me wrong. Maybe I didn't come across properly. I wasn't having a go at the people who post frequently and often, I just don't have the time to do it as often as some obviously do. I myself post often to the political posts on the Random Static (as many of you will know), and on the other boards when I think I have something worthwhile to add. Post away people, if anything it's nice to see people using the boards than them going completely silent.

Well, I don't care much about a SOC-12+ or a five star rating - that, I feel, is for those who contribute to the Traveller Universe or vote me five stars. How about this - I only post 'cause I either have or sneak the time.

And apparently you need to have 10,000+ posts to be a noble. I'll only do it without meaning to (and may well never get there).

Where did I find it? Oh, it's in the faq page.

Back