• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Soc - 12

Originally posted by vegascat:
You can always make a point, but leave out an obvious statement. There will always be someone who will hop in with a reply, as in above.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Or finish an incomplete thought/sentence! Hiyas Vegascat!

<bows>

LOL! I only have a bit over 2000 and I run the place! Don't worry too much, there will be other ways to earn Sociability points and earn noble titles. That's the whole point. Contributions to the Library Data system, TAS News Bulletins, articles, and other ways will be available as ways to earn more sociability. The idea is to encourage active involvement.
(Hunter)
Has a system for making such contributions been put in place? What kinds of things can be contributed to the general welfare?

Originally posted by Gordon:
Look at my posting rate... it will take me some time longer than anybody else here.
file_21.gif
Patience, grasshopper. When you can snatch a pebble from the hand of the Ancients, it will be time for you to leave....

(with apologies to an ol' TV series)

Paul Nemeth
(hoping to eventually become Baron of Khimudire and Count Titanstorm!)
AA

Originally posted by Antares Administration:
Patience, grasshopper. When you can snatch a pebble from the hand of the Ancients, it will be time for you to leave....

(with apologies to an ol' TV series)
Actually, that reminds me of some cheezy Martial Art-like things for an RPG... dunno if it was D&D 1st Ed or Mage Akashik B. TradBooks 1st Ed...

Anyway, was lousy with warmed over zen-like rethoric and a bad buy

hum...

---
FlightCommanderSolitude
Citizen: SOC-12
CID # 126
Sociability: 140
---

SOC-12 with only 140 points in Sociability...
Seems your Forms paid off

Originally posted by Sandman:
hum...

---
FlightCommanderSolitude
Citizen: SOC-12
CID # 126
Sociability: 140
---

SOC-12 with only 140 points in Sociability...
Seems your Forms paid off
According to the handy pecking order chart at the top of this thread SOC-12 is 101+ Sociability. So no SOC boost to FCS is evident at this time.

Originally posted by Jame:

WHO VOTED ME TO THREE STARS???
The less stars you have with a high soc means you're feared. Look at TJ. They just give me 4 and 5 stars to spite me. I am a truely eeeeevil force in the universe, and soon you will all find out! 5 stars, bah! (bark?) I'll get them.... (wanders back to his ship muttering)

RV

Well, RV, if I'm feared, I must be doing something right...
file_23.gif
(You don't mind if I call you RV, do you?
BTW, I voted you (uh...) 4 (?) stars 'cause I respect you, and I only want to know who's responsible so I know why.

Well I just gave you 5 stars. I thought I had done it before, but when I checked my profile I realized that it was Tom Kalbfus I was thinking of (another high SOC low stars).

Thanks, Mythmere! You got me back to four stars! I'll give you the five stars you deserve, unless I did it already.

Woo-Hoo...
I've finally managed to babble my way up to Soc-12... :D
So now I have to write a book or something...to get up to a named noble rank?
Hmmm...
Let's see... 'Why the Vargr are the chosen.'...Yeah, the story of how the ancients chose the mighty Vargr as the heirs to the universe...
file_23.gif

I'll start right away Hunter...
-MADDog

What do you mean finally, it only took you two months at most. Some of us have been posting here for two years and are still SOC-12. Mind you looking at my number of posts I should go to SOC-13 in the next few days or weeks, then it is a matter of Hunter et all getting the ranking system in place and here we come.

Quantity not Quality... why rush to try to get a SOC-12 rating?

I must admit I don't understand this "need" of a couple of posters to this board to have a SOC-12 rating or a "fancy" title or 5 stars for that matter. I mean 1 star, 3 stars, 5 stars - does it really matter??!!

I am for "titles" but I would prefer if they where for say.. contributions or writing credits - nice but not nessessary.

The easiest way to gain "respect" or "standing" is to post/write something good and get it submitted.

IMHO that deserves a hell of a lot more respect than someone who's managed 1000+ posts in x months.

Just my 2 cents...

Grahame

There are a few people on the boards who've only been around for a few months and have posted hundreds of messages, if not thousands. Nothing really against it, if they want to just post here continuously then that's their choice.

Ben Bell posts:
There are a few people on the boards who've only been around for a few months and have posted hundreds of messages, if not thousands. Nothing really against it, if they want to just post here continuously then that's their choice.
I'm made a little uncomfortable by that post, since I meet the description -- feel free to discount my opinion based on the fact that I have posted a lot since I joined only three months ago. But taking Maddog as an example, he posts a lot of controversial opinion in Random Static -- not my cup of tea, and, I might add, his politics don't make sense. But discussion of politics among Traveller players is specifically one of the purposes of these boards -- that's what Random Static is for. That sort of thing leads to a lot of posts. Also I have seen Maddog make specific contributions to several gaming oriented boards, so I think your criticism (or scorn, perhaps is a better word) is unjustified.

As for the gaming-oriented boards, I agree with Merlin that quality is what counts. As a house husband, I've got more time than other people to read the boards and post. Most of my posts are fairly long, and many of them contain usable gaming information that I think makes the game more playable for others. I've detailed at least five systems in the Trojan Reach, posted a canon timeline in that area with IMTU additions, posted a starport map, links to keyed starport maps, stats for several NPCs, numbers for several landmines, one animal, and a bunch of other stuff.

Even if all of it were terrible, the effort is what counts on boards like this; if game-specific posts are wrong, someone will fix them. That's the point of the boards.

So I don't think a clubby attitude about length of time on the boards makes any more sense than making lots of posts just for the purpose of getting a title. In fact, I don't think you CAN get a title without publishing something.

I'm also one who meets the "rabid poster" description, though I do it in my limited free time. Why I do it is another story, which I'm not about to tell. I've contributed two short adventures to MJD's forthcoming Gateway TA (though it may never be published), so what does that do for/to me?

Back