• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Traveller Art Thread - Art Only

"I must say I'm really really enjoying it so far. I just did a portrait of my Star Trek character (an Andorian called Vash) this lunchtime."

Post it

Haven't been disappointed yet ;)

Tom

Great stuff Scarecrow! I love the "concept art" style - especially the Imperial Marine.

I was just tooling around the web and bumped into the site of one Craig Mullins, he did work for Bungie's Marathon games back in the 90's. The homepage of the site is a huge image of what I imagine to be a spaceport in the Third Imperium ...

Craig Mullins

Cool image from Marathon series:

Laser.jpg

A Laser Carbine, drawn by a friend of mine, Itamar Fougel. This was supposed to be a Triumvirate-issue TL11 Laser Carbine used circa 2360 AD.

I like it. It has a nice shape and style to it.

Sorry for commenting in the art-only thread but it's just so awkward viewing one thread and commenting in another. =(

Crow

New laser carbine/rifle images by Itamar Fougel (a friend of mine), now in Vector Art.

lasergun%20version1.jpg

lasergun%20version2.jpg

His message about it (sent to me by E-Mail):
"Hi,
here are the 2 finished designs of the laser bullpop rifle, 1 is with a build-in power pack in the shaft of the weapon and an option to add a replacable powerpack (just like replacing magazines in a normal bullpop) that allow you to use the weapon with no power cord or back pack for short uses or just replace bateries like magazines.

The second version is shorter but without any batterys at all and need to be conected to a power pack to be used (might change it if u wish).

u can show it to the people on ur forums and ask for opinions and u must also said that there are more detail and shading and so on stuff to add when i have the time & energy, and ofcourse, the back pack itself.
Any suggestions would be very helpfull, im still wondering if i should add the cones at the end of the barrel or just leave it hollow.

there are some minor fixes to do but im out of energy for now so thats what i got for now
And i will be glad if this thing will be of any use to anyone,whoever wants can just mail me about it or anything easle (thats why ive put my mail on the pics. "

He is also looking for feedback.

Hello all. I've been away for what seems like forever, but while I was gone I was doing some art
So, as I see there's a place for that here I thought I'd share some of my humble attempts.

A ship in the roughly 300 ton range (and it's accompanying shuttle).. originally made for an online Firefly game. Her name is Molly McGee.

Molly McGee & Shuttle

A spooky sort of pic where the hunters are becoming the hunted...
Intruder Alert

And a few from my Renderocity Gallery:

"Cornered"

"Surprised"

"Down Time"

Thank you for encouraging my behavior

Some very good work there.

A few small niggles:

- the ship needs windows or hatches, to give an indication of scale.

- it's difficult to see the woman's sword in Down Time.

- some shadows seem to be missing.

Other than that, great. Especially Surprised.

I just had a look at the renderosity pictures and I have to say, as with the Molly McGee, your modelling and textures are great. I agree with Andrew, though; The only thing letting you down is your lighting. Everything is evenly lit. There's no real shadowing which means no contrast, which in turn means everything is flat and difficult to read, 'Cornered' being the biggest culprit.
Also some depth of field and motion blur would work wonders particularly on the 'Down Time' image.

Crow

Thanks for the tips. A few, like Down Time I made when I was still sort of new to Poser (though I'm still learning to be sure). Trying to find a happy medium for the shadows as well. I'm on a Mac which traditionally shows things brighter than PCs and I have a flatscreen monitor which is brighter still, so when I put in shadows I think look right, it's generally too dark for others to see. So I've been erring on the side of caution. My first attempt at "Cornered" was very atmospheric and hard to see

I do want to redo "Down Time" with the current characters in my game, plus with all the things I've learned since then. I'll experiment with the depth of fields and let you know. Thanks again

I like your work, perhaps in "Surprised" the woman in green needs to move her feet a bit more. She looks a little 'artificial', and probably because a real person in that context would have moved their feet and not just their upper body.

Perhaps if you put her feet at more of an angle to the other girl's, and then twisted her body, you might end up with a more realistic pose.

Still better than anything I can do though, so well done!

Thanks for the suggestion. I was going for that very first instant when she's realizing something is behind them, so it's a mid-motion pose.... was thinking her upper body would move first and her feet would follow. I'll tinker with the pose though. Thanks again for the tip

I had a little trouble with that.... I had to use a mans body and mix it with a wolfs head. Kinda funny though Bruce said the same thing.

Here are a couple of new pics out of Celestia, just for fun ...

ghalalk-scene-1.jpg

ghalalk-scene-2.jpg

(Model is unskinned.)

Regards PLST

Back