• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Merchants Run

Offhand, I'd say the most likely candidates for offering any hope at all are

Dekalb - Winston - Entrope
Rushu - Retinae

I don't know if Thanber is worth the effort. I'll have to consult LBB2.

Offhand, I'd say the most likely candidates for offering any hope at all are

Dekalb - Winston - Entrope
Rushu - Retinae

I don't know if Thanber is worth the effort. I'll have to consult LBB2.

You're probably right robject. And Bael and Nonym are really just there to fill in the subsector list, I don't expect anyone to make a J3 design just to get to them.

Thanber is of course mainly just the place to go for annual maintenance, and maybe repairs. And of course you get to start from there with refined fuel in the tanks ;)

You're probably right robject. And Bael and Nonym are really just there to fill in the subsector list, I don't expect anyone to make a J3 design just to get to them.

Thanber is of course mainly just the place to go for annual maintenance, and maybe repairs. And of course you get to start from there with refined fuel in the tanks ;)

Hmm, the backers (me) may need to recondsider allowing specualtion as part of the reasonable business plan. I'm just not sure how to give it proper consideration. Thoughts?

Hmm, the backers (me) may need to recondsider allowing specualtion as part of the reasonable business plan. I'm just not sure how to give it proper consideration. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
It is according to Supplement 3 ;)
My old Supplement 3 shows Nonym in Darrian subsector, actually.

Overall, Far-trader, This is a bloody hard area to work, but I'll give it a shot. I would like to ask about adding some systems from Vilis subsector, since Thanber is so close to the border. Perhaps the SE quadrant? (assuming N is up).

Second question: if one has a route X-Y-Z, and while on X, can you check to traffic to Z or only Y?

My old Supplement 3 shows Nonym in Darrian subsector, actually.

Overall, Far-trader, This is a bloody hard area to work, but I'll give it a shot. I would like to ask about adding some systems from Vilis subsector, since Thanber is so close to the border. Perhaps the SE quadrant? (assuming N is up).

Second question: if one has a route X-Y-Z, and while on X, can you check to traffic to Z or only Y?

Yep, Nonym is in the Darrian subsector.

The map provided above spans the Darrian and Querion subsectors ;) , and if Nonym is included, then so should Torment...
file_23.gif

The map provided above spans the Darrian and Querion subsectors ;) , and if Nonym is included, then so should Torment...
file_23.gif

Bill,

I imagine that including more lucrative worlds would cause Querion subsector to be mainly ignored!

Good question. When we decide on a route, do you want us to also fix the order in which worlds are visited, or may we choose at each stop?

Allowing a choice increases our odds of success. Also, it's more in line with a "Free" Trader, and less like a subsidized route.

Bill,

I imagine that including more lucrative worlds would cause Querion subsector to be mainly ignored!

Good question. When we decide on a route, do you want us to also fix the order in which worlds are visited, or may we choose at each stop?

Allowing a choice increases our odds of success. Also, it's more in line with a "Free" Trader, and less like a subsidized route.

Originally posted by BillDowns:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
My old Supplement 3 shows Nonym in Darrian subsector, actually.</font>[/QUOTE]So it is
Went a little south of the line there in my haste, but as it's one of the two needing J3 to hit I'm not too worried ;)

Overall, Far-trader, This is a bloody hard area to work, but I'll give it a shot.
It is indeed, and that was what attracted me to it
file_23.gif
That and the little bit of color text from the library data. Pity there's no In worlds.

Glad to have you throw your hat in the ring :D

I would like to ask about adding some systems from Vilis subsector, since Thanber is so close to the border. Perhaps the SE quadrant? (assuming N is up).
No sorry, Thanber is close to the border but to get there in J2 is a roundabout route. And I wanted to keep it to extraterritorial space, just because

You may check the tables once for each possible destination but you have to keep the results seperate and specific to the destinations. And there is only one check per stop for a speculative cargo lot, which will only really apply in Phase 2 but could be important in the design during Phase 1.

Also note, as I've seen some people get this wrong, when checking for cargo (freight) lots you roll the dice in the table and apply the modifiers. This is the total number of LOTS of that type (Major, minor, or incidental) of cargo. The next step seems to get missed by some. You roll 1d6 PER LOT to determine the number of pallets (to apply a term) and that is in the number of tons (10, 5, or 1) per type (Major, minor, or incidental) respectively.

So if you roll 3 Major cargo lots it might break down as:

Lot 1 (roll 1d6) is 4 pallets of 10tons each = 40tons

Lot 2 (roll 1d6) is 2 pallets of 10 tons each = 20tons

Lot 3 (roll 1d6) is 6 pallets of 10 tons each = 60tons

Total Major cargos = 120tons (not 30tons as some have done)

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
My old Supplement 3 shows Nonym in Darrian subsector, actually.</font>[/QUOTE]So it is
Went a little south of the line there in my haste, but as it's one of the two needing J3 to hit I'm not too worried ;)

Overall, Far-trader, This is a bloody hard area to work, but I'll give it a shot.
It is indeed, and that was what attracted me to it
file_23.gif
That and the little bit of color text from the library data. Pity there's no In worlds.

Glad to have you throw your hat in the ring :D

I would like to ask about adding some systems from Vilis subsector, since Thanber is so close to the border. Perhaps the SE quadrant? (assuming N is up).
No sorry, Thanber is close to the border but to get there in J2 is a roundabout route. And I wanted to keep it to extraterritorial space, just because

You may check the tables once for each possible destination but you have to keep the results seperate and specific to the destinations. And there is only one check per stop for a speculative cargo lot, which will only really apply in Phase 2 but could be important in the design during Phase 1.

Also note, as I've seen some people get this wrong, when checking for cargo (freight) lots you roll the dice in the table and apply the modifiers. This is the total number of LOTS of that type (Major, minor, or incidental) of cargo. The next step seems to get missed by some. You roll 1d6 PER LOT to determine the number of pallets (to apply a term) and that is in the number of tons (10, 5, or 1) per type (Major, minor, or incidental) respectively.

So if you roll 3 Major cargo lots it might break down as:

Lot 1 (roll 1d6) is 4 pallets of 10tons each = 40tons

Lot 2 (roll 1d6) is 2 pallets of 10 tons each = 20tons

Lot 3 (roll 1d6) is 6 pallets of 10 tons each = 60tons

Total Major cargos = 120tons (not 30tons as some have done)

Originally posted by robject:
Bill,

Probably true, and the reason it has been ignored, till now ;)

Answered above, I think to your expectation. To be clear yes, more free-trader model than subbie route model, at least in Phase 2. For Phase 1 you'd be best to pick the best set of trade in the area for the type of ship you envision, even if it's only back and forth. Then in Phase 2, well, where the solar trade winds blow there you go.

Bill,

Probably true, and the reason it has been ignored, till now ;)

Answered above, I think to your expectation. To be clear yes, more free-trader model than subbie route model, at least in Phase 2. For Phase 1 you'd be best to pick the best set of trade in the area for the type of ship you envision, even if it's only back and forth. Then in Phase 2, well, where the solar trade winds blow there you go.

file_23.gif
file_21.gif

Oh yeah, you've got this merchie thing down pat Sigg ;)
file_22.gif

Thanks for the giggle

file_23.gif
file_21.gif

Oh yeah, you've got this merchie thing down pat Sigg ;)
file_22.gif

Thanks for the giggle

Back