• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller 2013 Calendar

This my little Rampart (unit logo on the fuselage is from zho.berka.com)
rampart-mk2.jpg

Well, here's my offering for this year:

'LEAF ON THE WIND'

(or 'Man punches spaceship into orbit' :) )

WOW! Love it! I never even thought what that critter on the patch would look like, so it's cool to see you explore that - with great results! The Type-S flyby is inspired and adds even more energy to the image. I look at this and just feel like shouting, "YEE-haw! IISS!!!!!!"

Thanks, Rob. The anatomy is cockamamy and it's really bugging me but in the end I thought the fantastical spectacle of it overrode any anatomical niggles. The critter on the logo looks like it's got tentacles instead of legs too.... Maybe I'll have another crack at it one day :D

I look at this and just feel like shouting, "YEE-haw! IISS!!!!!!"

Pleasingly, this is what I was aiming for. It's inspired by that scene in Top Gun where Cruise is racing the F14 on his motorbike.

Crow

Last edited:
Thanks, Rob. The anatomy is cockamamy and it's really bugging me but in the end I thought the fantastical spectacle of it overrode any anatomical niggles. The critter on the logo looks like it's got tentacles instead of legs too.... Maybe I'll have another crack at it one day :D

Pleasingly, this is what I was aiming for. It's inspired by that scene in Top Gun where Cruise is racing the F14 on his motorbike.

Crow

SUPERB, Wayne! This has just become one of my favorite pieces of Traveller art, EVER! And I echo Rob's sentiment YEEHAW!! IISS!!--it makes me want to go start up a scout campaign!

Righty, I'm back in business...

Here's who I have submissions from so far.. (apologies for name mistakes and all that in advance and this is not me cracking a whip either ;o) )

Winchell Chung 'Annic Nova'
Dave Redington 'Grand Sensus'
Rob Caswell 'Job Proposal'
Thomas Peters 'First Ship This Year'
Wayne Peters 'Leaf On The Wind'
Steve Attwood 'Dust Runner'
Donovan Lambertus 'Missing Man'
Andrew Staples 'IISS Ground Survey'
Mark Hirst 'Escape'
Mirc Adam
Ian Stead 'Prepare to Be Boarded'

Here's everyone else I've contacted and heard from
magmag
Bryan Gibson
Shawn Driscoll (he's doing a Tigress!)
Mark Lucas
Brian Ronnie
Jesse DeGraffe

Hopfully I've not missed anyone. FB/Email/Tweet me if so.

Front cover is more or less done, I'm thinking of a simple 'Andrew Boulton Memorial Edition' ?

Thanks everyone! Yes theres going to be more that 12. Dual sided, 18 month edition, we'll see. Going to be a monster.

We'll need one of Andrews pieces, I'll leave that choice to others and as long as its the correct size.

Closing date for submissions is .... Wednesday November 7th

Last edited:
@Tom: Your "First ship this year" totally hits my mark. And I love the flexbility of your Fat Trader design too. I do like wrecks and stuff lying around. And I really like beach landing sites.
Always wanted to do a piece on the beach with a campfire reflecting on the surface of a ships hull above myself. Maybe I will sometime.
Oh! And I always wondered how the Free Trader's landing gear should look like. A bit thin for my taste but I like your design much better than the four-legged desings depicted in some deck plans.
Great stuff. Strong "competition" (don't actually like to call it that way, as we all gain from this) and an exciting project.
:)

Yea! That's a GREAT model of the Fiery! And I really like your take on the Fat Trader, too!
Two of my favorite designs :D

Thanks Tom!

That version of the Fat Trader is the March Harrier from the Traveller Adventure book, I did the updated plans and models for the Mongoose Aramis Adventure.

Thats my second version of the FT...
all-ships-part11.png

Back